The Vice President of Marketing, Consumer will drive awareness and demand for AccuWeather’s consumer products, services and solutions. The individual will lead brand marketing and strategy, consumer product marketing and campaigns across paid, owned and earned media. The ideal candidate will be a strategic, tactical, results-driven, proactive and collaborative marketing professional with a proven track record of success. The individual will work cross-functionally to support AccuWeather.com and mobile app, AccuWeather Network channel, AccuWeather NOW streaming service and the launch of new products, features and services. This position reports directly to the CMO.
- Oversee and create go-to-market strategies, plans and positioning to broaden awareness and use of our consumer products, services, and solutions
- Lead campaign development process to deliver breakthrough brand and acquisition communications that build awareness for our portfolio of products and drive profitable acquisition of users and subscribers.
- Create engaging and effective marketing materials and campaigns using clear, compelling messaging to articulate our unique value proposition including, digital marketing, social media, video/TV and events.
- Liaise with agencies and strategic marketing partners to amplify opportunities to drive growth and engagement via social media, PR, brand performance marketing to app store optimization.
- Lead special initiatives and projects such as 60th Anniversary promotion and events.
- Apply data, analytics and insights to marketing to strengthen the growth funnel across both paid and organic channels.
- Build, develop, and manage a high-performing team that is innovative and collaborative, and results-oriented.
- Collaborate with the entire marketing team, including Brand Communications, Social, PR, Insights, Integrated Marketing, and B2B Marketing in idea generation and strategizing about partnerships, projects and business decisions.
- Partner with Product, Content, Creative, Customer Service and Business Leaders to execute overall growth strategy for current businesses and the launch of new products and services.
- Research competitive landscape and stay current on the advertising and positioning to develop unique offerings that differentiate our product and services in the market.
- Own the timely completion of materials and projects and provide periodic progress reports on all initiatives and goals.
- Promote a culture of high-performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to innovation, efficiency and success.
- 15 years of relevant professional experience in managing and overseeing consumer campaigns and performance marketing and in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree is a plus.
- A proven track record of delivering and executing stellar marketing strategies and results.
- Demonstrated experience in digital marketing, social media and video/TV.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and a passion for team building and collaboration.
- A thought leader in the marketing function with a demonstrated success in leading and managing teams with a hands-on personal style.
- A proven ability to persuade and sell strategic recommendations to senior stakeholders.
- Leadership skills that encourage team cooperation, promote enthusiasm and motivate strategic thinking.
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features available free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the patented AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.