AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features available free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the patented AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
The Vice President of Marketing, Integrated Marketing will drive awareness and demand for AccuWeather’s media and advertising products, services and solutions. The individual will lead ad sales marketing strategy and execution to drive demand and generate revenue across the AccuWeather media portfolio, including Accuweather.com and mobile app, AccuWeather Network channel, AccuWeather NOW streaming service, audio, newspaper, digital out of home, social and other properties. The ideal candidate will be a strategic, results-driven, proactive and collaborative marketing professional with a proven track record of success. The ideal candidate will be a strategic, results-driven, proactive and collaborative marketing professional with a proven track record of success. This position reports directly to the CMO and will work across global business units.
- Drive the development of go-to-market strategies, positioning, trade communications and plans to broaden awareness of our media products, services and solutions.
- Lead content creation and streamline processes and operations to produce dynamic cross-platform activations both off-the-shelf and custom activations in partnership with Sales, Creative, Content, Product and Ad Sales Operations that engage our users and viewers and best integrate brands.
- Create engaging marketing and sales materials using clear, compelling messaging to articulate our unique value proposition to decision makers including, presentations, collateral, proposals and sponsorships.
- Build, develop, and manage a high-performing team that is innovative and collaborative, and results-oriented.
- Partner with Sales, Business Development and Business Leaders to strategize and execute revenue generating marketing solutions for brands, agencies and partners.
- Collaborate with the entire marketing team, including Consumer, B2B, Insights, PR and Social in idea generation and strategizing about partnerships, projects and business decisions.
- Develop and execute client experience strategy across industry conferences and events, such as regional client events, ANA, Upfront.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of marketing and industry to help create unique offerings that differentiate our product and services in the market.
- Own the timely completion of materials and projects and provide periodic progress reports on all initiatives and goals.
- Promote a culture of high-performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to innovation, efficiency and success.
- 15 years of relevant professional experience in managing and overseeing integrated, ad sales marketing programs in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree is a plus.
- A proven track record of delivering and executing stellar marketing programs for advertising partners across all media, including digital and social media, on-air/video to events.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and a passion for team building and collaboration.
- A thought leader in the marketing function with a demonstrated success leading and managing teams with a hands-on personal style.
- A proven ability to persuade and sell strategic recommendations to senior stakeholders.
- Leadership skills that encourage team cooperation, promote enthusiasm and motivate strategic thinking.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.