AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features available free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the patented AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
The AccuWeather Security Officer maintains a safe and secure environment for team members and customers by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel at AccuWeather’s Headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania. AccuWeather is a 24/7/365 operations, and the team of security officers patrol the property during all shifts.
The starting pay for an AccuWeather Security Officer is $15 an hour.
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points. Observes proper facility access procedures.
- Screens all team members and visitors, according to COVID protocol.
- Provides parking lot surveillance and safety.
- Notifies the authorities in emergency situations.
- Logs in all events during shift.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Maintains organization's stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Assists with policy and procedure compliance, i.e. Reasonable Suspicion, ID Badge usage, etc.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Protects AccuWeather’s assets relative to theft, assault, fire, and other safety issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school education or equivalent with 1-2 years of related experience or training.
- Ability to work all shifts on a rotating basis including evenings, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
- Experience with Safety Management, CPR, AED, and First Aid certifications.
- Professional, dependable, and able to maintain professionalism while assessing situations objectively with minimal direction required.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is regularly performed in a combination of office and building environments and is regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes, and noise.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.