AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices around the world, including in Wichita, Kansas, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather for Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
We are seeking a full-time meteorologist with outstanding forecasting and communication skills to join our family of Storm Warning Meteorologists in Wichita, Kansas. We are looking for someone who is energetic, driven, team oriented and has a proactive work ethic. This is a fast-paced environment where the goal is to save lives, protect property and help clients maximize weather-related opportunities while minimizing weather-related risks. If you would like to contribute to a highly professional team, that also knows how to have fun along the way, then this opening is for you!
As a Storm Warning Meteorologist, you will have opportunities to handle all types of hazardous weather forecasting and issue weather warnings for major business, transportation, education, media, and government organizations. These include:
- Creating your own tornado, flash flood, hurricane and other site-specific warnings.
- Hazardous weather forecasting for all of North America.
- Interacting daily with clients that need to make immediate operational weather-related decisions.
- Computer applications and many others.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Meteorology or Atmospheric Sciences.
- Refined customer service skills.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Great attention to detail.
- Ability to process meteorological data and make swift and accurate warning decisions.
- Ability to interact with and collaborate professionally with other members of the forecasting team.
- Must be willing to work semi-rotating shifts that include afternoons, evenings, overnights, weekends, and some holidays.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.