AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather for Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
The Mobile Quality Engineer (QE) Automation Lead provides support to the Mobile QE Manager and is responsible for the building an automation framework and leading an automation driven test strategy across AccuWeather's mobile portfolio. This includes leveraging tools such as Jenkins, Java, Appium, and Selenium. The Mobile QE Automation Lead is also responsible for designing, implementing and supporting solutions for automation testing problems.
This position may work at any of the AccuWeather's offices in New York City or State College, Pennsylvania, but candidates who plan to work remotely in North America will also be considered.
- Build an internal mobile automation framework by analyzing testing process, frameworks and tools to provide educated recommendations for improvements based on industry best practices and standards
- Lead, maintain and support CI/CD Pipeline and ensure seamless integration of testing assets into pipelines
- Expertise in developing and executing on a plan to reduce technical debt for current automation regression suite including framework setup, resource, maintenance, daily runs and assessment
- Develop application guidelines and standard for test automation tools
- Maintain technical proficiency for programming languages and industry standard processes
- Be a self-starter and self-governing within an agile environment
- Integrate in-Sprint automation mentality in core team members by working in collaboration with Design UI/UX, DEV and product
- Plan and develop a process for application daily health checks
- Track and report consolidated test automation dashboards outlining key metrics and KPI’s for Mobile QE Manager
- Communicate automation goals, priorities and status with customers and internal stakeholders
- Coach colleagues and ensure team adherence to quality, operational, and service management processes
- Infrequently travel to AccuWeather’s offices in New York City, Montreal and State College, Pennsylvania, after the pandemic is anticipated
- Other duties as assigned
- University or College Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science/Engineering
- 5 or more years of demonstrated experience within test automation building mobile automation framework supporting test initiatives
- 3 or more years of experience of testing with REST/SOAP
- 5 or more years of automation hands-on experience in test automation framework, coding and architecture within Mobile test domain
- General/Technical Skills:
- Solid understanding of test processes and methodology
- In-depth knowledge of SDLC, requirement analysis and test management practices
- Working knowledge on different test, defect and requirement management tools
- Hands on experience working with Mobile devices for testing.
- Architecture and hands on knowledge of in-sprint test automation using Selenium, Appium or equivalent and an understanding of best coding practices.
- Experience with CI/CD and related techniques and tools
- Proficient in MS Office
- Should be self-initiator and able to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.