AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather for Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
AccuWeather is looking for a Product Manager to drive the teams developing the main features that support the user experience on both consumer and business products. This is an excellent opportunity to impact the lives of the millions of users who rely on AccuWeather products. There is nothing like the weather that impacts our lives – from what you wear, your commute, the ability to perform your work or keeping yourself safe, the Product Manager has the chance to create and shape the features that help guide the lives of our users.
You will partner with the Design, Research, Marketing and main Consumer/Business Product Managers to identify the core strategy for our products and interact heavily with our various Engineering teams to craft the features powering new applications.
This leader will be fluent in translating technical challenges and feasibility into a feature roadmap, while being empathetic in understanding user needs, quick to understand opportunity and trade-offs, and creative in crafting and testing hypotheses. You will report to AccuWeather's Product Lead.
- Define, articulate and champion a vision for features within AccuWeather’s consumer and business products.
- Define crystal clear, measurable and realistic KPIs for short and long-term results; be comfortable operating in the data and using data to substantiate arguments or positions.
- Collaborate with team leads to create strategy across multiple AccuWeather product platforms.
- Clearly articulate the features required to meet your specific product needs, from enhancements to core components such as content experience or advertising through to ideation involving cutting-edge services that leverage AI and connected ecosystems.
- Document clear requirements for the many respective teams involved in a product launch (Design, Development, Analytics, etc.).
- Develop clear strategies to improve the engagement of users leading to increased visitation, higher satisfaction and deeper engagement with content offerings.
- Manage the development sprints, prioritize product enhancements, while simultaneously crushing technical debt.
- Lead ceremonies with stakeholders.
- Rigorously develop business cases with quantifiable KPIs and ROI.
- Maintain exceptional relationships with key business stakeholders through communication and collaboration.
- Maintain a deep understanding of consumer behaviors, the competitive landscape and technology trends to inform the strategies for the mobile products.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 or more years of experience in product management and strategy or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing a digital product such as website, mobile application, or OTT product.
- Experience in launching or managing subscription products.
- Demonstrated experience, along with understanding of implementation and use, with analytical tools such as Omniture or Google Analytics.
- Experience working within the Scrum framework and familiarity with cutting edge product management tools.
- Ability to write detailed JIRA tickets in order to help developers understand the work that is needed.
- Understanding of how you are to translate complex datasets into intuitive product experiences.
- Proven ability to interact and communicate effectively with teams of all levels and professional backgrounds.
- Highly creative with ability to work within practical boundaries.
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapidly changing environment.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.