AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather for Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
AccuWeather is looking for a Director of Facilities and Property Management to join our team! In addition to overseeing our headquarters located in State College, PA, other facilities include Wichita, KS, Edmonton, OK, New York City, Montreal Canada.
The Director of Facilities and Property Management has the overall responsibility for the planning, construction and maintenance of AccuWeather’s facilities and properties. The Director oversees the development and implementation of construction and maintenance strategy and policy. Areas of responsibility include capital/equipment budgeting and planning, space allocation and layout, and maintenance planning and contracting.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for developing budgets and long-range facilities plans based on company growth and future needs.
- Oversees the functioning of all building systems including mechanical, electrical, fire/life safety, plumbing, HVAC, and waste management. Oversees all contract agreements.
- Develops and administers the annual budget, then monitors budgets and approves contracts.
- Oversees contractors involved in facility projects and delivery of services.
- Ensures building operations comply with all local zoning laws and regulations.
- Oversees the coordination of building space allocation and layout, communication services, and facility expansion.
- Plans, examines, analyzes, evaluates and supervises AccuWeather’s security operations, inclusive of physical security assets and security personnel.
- Oversees emergency evacuation plans and testing, active-shooter training and First Aid/CPR training for first responders.
- Inspects construction and installation progress.
- Manages the receiving function.
- Manages and initiates preventive maintenance program of facility equipment, including HVAC and office equipment.
- Oversees parking, lease agreements and on/off-site storage areas
- Oversees the cleaning and maintenance of facility.
- Actively participates and advises as a member of the Space and Location Committee.
- Keep abreast of new technologies, systems and procedures related to facilities and property management.
- Other duties as assigned.
* Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position manages the maintenance, shipping/receiving, mail room and facilities staff. Responsible for all employment decisions, performance reviews, development and training of staff.
Work is regularly performed in a combination of office and building environments and is regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise.
The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms including occasional lifting, carrying, and/or pulling (up to 50 pounds).
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. However, the position requires overnight on-call duty and the ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises.