AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
The Technical Account Manager is a trusted technical advisor to key partners and customers leveraging AccuWeather’s location and weather data feed API technologies. This technical advisor will provide valuable guidance around operations and use of our API technology that powers digital media-based applications, which will include, but not limited to, applications running on mobile devices, tablets, laptops, personal computers, and websites (wired and mobile). In this role, the TAM will coordinate and facilitate critical technical support requests that come into and through AccuWeather’s self-serve API Developer Portal, by working directly with the operational, and API architect and development, teams, in troubleshooting and correcting API technical and billing issues impacting customers.
- Work closely, and in concert with, the Senior Technical Account Manager and Business Development Team
- Monitor daily ingest of new requests and calls for technical, sales, and billing support from AccuWeather’s self-serve API Developer Portal (https://developer.accuweather.com/)
- Establish and maintain long-term relationships with key partners and customers by gaining an understanding of each customer’s application development plans that incorporate weather-based content, their product goals and API pain points
- Ensure timely and effective guidance and feedback to API partners and customers; provide proper feedback and expectation setting in request completion or resolution timelines
- Solve unexpected API issues reported by key partners and customers, working closely with customer service and technical support colleagues, managing an incident through resolution
- Assist in providing API support for both internal AccuWeather team members as well as external clients.
- Develop technical depth around API technical features and options by ensuring product improvement and operational stability through direct consultation with API architects and developers at all levels
- As experience grows, assist in the support of Enterprise level API clients for key partners and customers
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree in Science, Technology or related field required
- Good understanding of IT dependencies; how a business requirement translates to developing applications and systems
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong organization and facilitation skills
- Interest and proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment under changing and strict deadlines
- Ability to read and interpret complex documents
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees and/or clients, prospective clients, community organizations and the like
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, multitask and balance work in the face of rapidly changing needs
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Experience and/or proficiency in basic computer programming methodologies
- Experience and/or proficiency in modern programming languages (C#, .Net)
- Experience in using modern programming languages along with APIs to develop products that use RESTful APIs that provide data in JSON format
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.