AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather for Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
To support AccuWeather’s continued focus on innovation and generating superior forecast products, we are seeking an experienced Scientific Software Engineer to serve as the primary developer for our Machine Learning (ML) Systems team. This hands-on position requires broad competence and technical knowledge of code design, testing, and optimization. We are seeking intrapreneurial minded, self-motivated professionals who routinely lean in and are comfortable working outside of predefined job responsibilities. The successful candidate will join a talented team of professionals who are engaged in petabyte scale ML and will play a role in realizing our overall vision while simultaneously providing insight and subject matter expertise to influence strategy.
- Develop functional, efficient, well-structured code and test artifacts for large-scale Machine Learning
- Collaborate with our team of data scientists, data engineers, and scientists to drive our ML technologies forward.
- Support data curation, predictive modeling, verification, and data visualization.
- Establish and maintain modern continuous integration and associated testing practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA in related discipline with industry relevant experience.
- Self-driven with excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to be adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership
- Excellent object-oriented development experience
- Experience with relational and non-relational database platforms (SQL Server, MongoDB, Redis, etc.)
- Experience with version control systems and CI/CD processes (Git, Mercurial, SVN – Jenkins, Azure DevOps, etc.)
- Experience with cloud-based architectures
- Adaptable to engage in both development and testing tasks as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoys engaging in team environment including brief daily stand ups and routine brainstorming
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following: Python, C/C++, SQL, Databricks, Azure cloud
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.