AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
AccuWeather is looking for a high energy, highly motivated Account Manager to build trusted and productive relationships with our Internal and External Partners. The Account Manager will work alongside our Directors and VPs of Business Development within our Digital Media Line of Business and oversee a portfolio of assigned accounts with our worldwide technology and media partners. The hub of the wheel for Digital Media Business Development (BD) Team Accounts and Partnerships, the Account Manager establishes and maintains a Rhythm of Business and ensures that the Account or Partnership is running smoothly, projects and deliverables - such as contracts, marketing materials, product development, customer requests and issues - are completed on the optimal timeline, that the account meets or exceeds its goals, and that the BD Account Representative is able to focus on bringing in and developing new business. The Account Manager either has the answer or knows who to talk to in order to find the answer and get things done.
The Account Manager role is a great steppingstone to professional growth within a highly successful Business Development Team working with many of the world's top technology and media companies.
- Work closely with Directors and VPs of Business Development within the Digital Media BD Team
- Set up and run account management infrastructure for Meetings, Reporting, Note-Taking, Project/Deliverable Tracking, File Storage Monthly Routine and Invoicing
- Produce Monthly Reports on your accounts/partnerships for Senior Executive Consumption
- Learn and become a go-to expert on the monthly reporting and billing process for your accounts.
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Work with BD Team members to forecast and track key account metrics (e.g., quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Build and maintain strong and productive relationships with both clients/customers/partners and with key teams within AccuWeather, including Product Management, Finance and Accounting, Business Intelligence, Ad Ops, Technical Account Management, IT/Development, Marketing, Legal, HR and Business Development.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters - including product and business requests as well as issues for resolution or escalation.
- This position may require occasional travel.
- Undergraduate Degree Required
- 3-5 Years of proven work experience, with regular customer or partner interaction, in at least one of the following required:
- Business Functions:
- Account Management
- Business Development/Sales
- Business Intelligence/Analytics/Statistics
- Product Management or Product Development
- Operations/Supply Chain
- Industry Verticals:
- Weather Industry
- Social Media
- Advanced Agriculture
- Passion for process, organization, efficiency and problem solving
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort with communicating, presenting and influencing key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive.
- Able to learn/understand and quickly utilize new software for office productivity and account management - must have at least moderate familiarity with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook or similar software from Apple or Google.
- Able to handle and balance multiple projects simultaneously, while maintaining close attention to detail
- Take ownership of personal output and always strives to deliver excellence.
- Thrive in a collaborative, constructive and respectful team environment.
- Ready to learn and grow at work, and willing to acknowledge mistakes and turn them in to learning experiences.
- Business Functions:
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.