AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business, radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally
The Automation Engineer & HRIS Administrator will focus on transforming business requirements into functionally useful business application solutions utilizing Microsoft Power Platform and Dynamics 365, SharePoint Online, Greenhouse, SAP SuccessFactors, and ADP. Typical job duties will involve interacting with internal customers, evaluating business needs, creating, documenting, and presenting solutions as well as collaborating with Information Systems teams performing implementations and support. This role will support the design, configuration, and administration of our HR enterprise systems, collaborating closely with Human Resources and Finance personnel to define requirements, implement solutions, and ensure that all HRIS components meet business needs and keep pace with technological changes.
The Automation Engineer & HRIS Administrator must be a self-starter and able to work independently and has high attention to detail and accuracy. This person should be comfortable presenting and challenging ideas in a team environment.
- Work with business users to proactively identify requirements, support testing/validation, off-hours support and assistance with training on Microsoft Power Platform.
- Understand the domain and business processes to implement successful automations using Microsoft Power Automate.
- Responsible for developing canvas and model-driven Microsoft Power Apps.
- Communicate and coordinate with other team leads, business leadership, and management to ensure appropriate use and integration of applications.
- Build reports, dashboards, visualizations, and templates using Microsoft Power BI based on customer requirements and needs.
- Develop and promote standard operational procedures.
- Carry out procedures to ensure that all information system products and services meet organization standards and customer requirements.
- Coordinate approved application and configuration changes through the change notification management process.
- Interface with vendor support when appropriate to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, etc.
- Primary support of HRIS and related systems, including Greenhouse and SAP SuccessFactors.
- Administration activities including installation, security, configuration, and documentation.
- Monitoring, troubleshooting, and performance analysis.
- Plan and implement upgrades, hot fixes, and change requests.
- Account management and security controls within HRIS platforms and Azure Active Directory SSO.
- Identify opportunities for efficiency and productivity gains, system improvements, and cost reduction.
- Create and/or contribute to documentation as required
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 5-7 years of relevant work experience or 10+ years' experience with IT, with in-depth knowledge or skill regarding Microsoft Power Platform.
- Microsoft Associate Certification in Power Platform or Dynamics 365 .
- Ability to translate business challenges into technological automated solutions.
- Solid understanding of administration and security configurations and procedures.
- Experience with cloud-based technologies and services such as Office 365 and Azure.
- Experience with administration of HRIS systems such as ADP, Greenhouse, SAP SuccessFactors, etc.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.