AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
This position will specialize in Employee Relations with a focus on policies, compliance and analytics. Within this role you will rely on your HR expertise to guide investigations, resolution of Employee Relations issues, development and revision of policies and coaching leaders and team members. This position will collaborate with various partners to advise on policy and effective performance management, building highly engaged teams with a focus on employee experience and business performance.
- Serve as an escalation point of contact for employee relations and performance management issues. Conduct interviews, gather information, and work with appropriate cross-functional partners to make appropriate decisions.
- Provide support, guidance, and coaching to managers and team members as employee relations issues arise.
- Serve as compliance expert and share knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources and employment law with managers.
- Identify trends within the business and make recommendations for process and policy improvement, training and communications to all necessary stakeholders.
- Ownership of Human Resources dashboard and analytics, providing insights and narratives around company metrics in benefits, compensation, compliance, talent, attrition, performance management, learning & development, etc.
- Partner with talent management leader to foster development of leaders through recommendation of appropriate tools, training, and coaching to help leaders refine their people management skills.
- Collaborate with a wide cross-section of Human Resources and Business Leaders to ensure quality and results of HR initiatives across the business units.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of skills and experience
- 8+ years of escalating HR generalist responsibility, employee relations / performance management experience
- Strong knowledge of compliance, employment and labor laws
- Demonstrated interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skill, applied to employee communication, investigation and issue resolution.
- Analytical, skilled at interpreting data, understanding complex problems and driving solutions
- People focused with a genuine interest in listening, empathizing and guiding employee development
- Demonstrated learning agility and navigating conflict resolution
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- An engaged and creative problem solver
- A critical thinker, capable of exercising sound judgement in support of AccuWeather’s goals and team members
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.