AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
The Executive Assistant in the Office of the CEO & Chairman is a pivotal role within the organization that provides administrative and organizational support. Duties include general clerical, receptionist, and project-based work, as well as projecting a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction.
- Financials: Gather information using websites, stock charts, periodicals to prepare daily financial reports, spreadsheets, updates, weekly equity charts, Weather Prophet monthly statements and miscellaneous items.
- Manage expense reports on behalf of CEO/ Founder.
- Manage/ monitor transcriptions including correspondence, meetings notes, business letters, and revisions.
- Prepare confidential correspondence, reports, and other complex documents.
- Article management including printing, scanning, and research of periodicals, financial newsletters and news stories.
- Conduct research to help prepare the CEO/ Founder for trips, client/business meetings, and calls.
- Social media management (LinkedIn) including requests and messages.
- Email management - prioritize incoming email and tracking emails that require an action.
- Manage follow-ups from trips/meetings - organize notes, research and prepare correspondence.
- Maintain and update Office of the President guide, and company lists.
- Assist with yearly performance evaluations.
- Scheduling support – updating executive calendar and upcoming meeting list.
- Document editing including speeches, presentations, manuscripts etc.
- Complete Special Projects as requested - holiday baskets, business thank you gifts, employee appreciation (cards, gifts).
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree or higher preferred.
- Ability to interact effectively with high-level executives.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Superior communication skills including ability to speak effectively with external visitors and clients.
- Transcription experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years administrative experience working in a business / office environment
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.