AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as Business Solutions (AES), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
AccuWeather is looking for an intern who is eager to expand their horizons and knowledge of a fast-paced video news room and learn from the experts who run the award-winning AccuWeather Television Network. AccuWeather is looking for a Video Archivist to join our team for Summer 2020. The Video Archivist will prove to be a huge asset to the news team by organizing the video content in our database. This will enable co-workers to easily find archived videos that can be used on the AccuWeather Network, which can be found in more than 24 million homes, and AccuWeather.com. In addition to this primary duty, at least one-fifth of this paid internship will involve job shadowing any aspect of the AccuWeather Network to gain valuable insights for opportunities beyond graduation.
This paid internship will run from May to August at our Headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania. Our Video Archivist intern will work 15-29 hours per week but can create their own schedule.
- Works closely with content managers and other producers to make sure video is being archived properly
- Take charge of assignment from beginning to end, with minimal supervision
- Adhere to all department policies
- If interested, job shadow other team members
- Other duties as assigned
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in a Communications major or related field is preferred
- Students pursuing a Meteorology degree with an interest to create weather graphics or shadow in another aspect of a television control room will also be considered.
- Advanced knowledge and work experience with non-linear editing suites (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, others) is required
- Website proficiency
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, After Effects and Illustrator
- Superior Customer Service skills are required.
- Windows and MAC operating systems knowledge is required
- Regular and predictable attendance is required for this role
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.