AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, not only has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage, but also has woven in and out of peoples lives through the experience of weather. Through our innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, Business solutions (AES), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network, we reach more than 1.5 billion people every day with information that is an integral part of their daily decisions, from the biggest to the smallest ones.
AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally, and produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Headquartered in State College, PA, AccuWeather is a global company with offices around the world.
Reporting directly to the Founder/CEO, the Chief Marketing Officer (with a dotted-line reporting to the Chief Business officer) will be responsible for developing a cohesive strategic marketing vision and execution plan to drive stronger brand awareness, voice, reach, relevance, impact, influence, conversion and analytics, to achieve AccuWeather’s objectives of growth, profitability and visibility globally. The CMO will be responsible for overseeing – and planning, organizing, staffing and executing all functions related to -- marketing, advertising and promotional campaigns, websites, branding strategies, marketing of new products and services, public relations, social media and CRM programs by working with the executive team. The CMO will play an important collaborative role in providing product support and leading product launches, and in addition, will have responsibility for developing consistent messaging and training to increase the effectiveness of sales efforts, partnerships and channels. The CMO will have ultimate responsibility for the performance and management of the outside PR firm, and also coordinate closely with other communications functions within the firm.
- Partner with Business Development team to build proactive growth platforms based on qualitative and quantitative user insights/data, segmentation and journeys
- Develop cohesive marketing point of view for US and international execution across Go-To-Market, Sales and Marketing channels to deliver on brand promise across AccuWeather’s portfolio, including:
- Digital Media Advertising and Partnership Acquisition
- Enterprise Solutions
- TV, Radio, Newspaper Businesses
- The AccuWeather Network
- Data Driven Decisions
- Leverage marketing mix holistically to drive customer acquisition & retention while improving overall efficiency and consistency across:
- Owned and Earned Digital Demand Generation
- PR & Corporate Communications
- Promotional Programs
- Sales Collateral and RFPs
- Partner with cross-functional leaders across sales, business development, product development and IT to drive successful new product launches
- Improve marketing programs to support AccuWeather’s critical partnerships to increase brand reach
- Improve presence and influence of Executives and Board Members to help support brand and reputational objectives through content marketing and thought leadership strategies on appropriate social channels
- Identification of trends and innovation
- Manage vendors and agencies and coordination with internal staff functions
- Develop and prioritize plans for international expansion and growth
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or similar field or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. An MBA in Marketing is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience growing a brand and helping maximize company revenue
- Strong creative insight and ability to inspire others to share his/her creative vision.
- Proven ability work with and influence executives at the highest levels
- Deep understanding of and substantial experience with Digital Media required
- Ability to assess talent and build high performing teams a must
- Previous experience leading a successful and creative marketing team
- Demonstrated ability to put strategic vision into motion
- Experience with analytics and measurement methods, and the ability to use market research and analysis to drive and support strategic decision making
- Proven ability to develop advertising and promotional programs and campaigns
- Must have strong communications skills both oral and written
- Must have experience in the PR and communication space - managing outside Agencies of Record
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.