AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as Business Solutions (AES), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
Reporting directly to the Founder/CEO, the Chief Marketing Officer (with a dotted-line reporting to the Chief Business officer) will be responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, and executing all marketing functions to achieve AccuWeather’s objectives of growth, profitability and visibility. The CMO will be responsible for devising a clearly defined marketing strategy, overseeing all activities related to marketing, advertising and promotional campaigns, websites, branding strategies, marketing of new products and services, public relations, social media and CRM programs by working with the executive team. The CMO will have an important role in providing product support and leading product launches, and in addition, will have responsibility for providing materials, messaging and training to increase the effectiveness of sales efforts. This person is also ultimately responsible for the performance and management of the outside PR firm.
- Improve and standardize all product descriptions and assure consistency of the AccuWeather voice to ensure the maximum potential of the brand message
- Create Go-to-Market strategies, marketing plans, positioning, and sales collateral to ensure best in class product launches.
- Oversee the Marketing for:
- Digital Media - Advertising & Partnership Acquisition
- Enterprise Solutions
- TV, Radio, Newspaper Business
- The AccuWeather Network
- Data Driven Decisions
- Work with and all lines of business to enhance materials and messaging
- Work with and support business development efforts to drive new digital traffic
- Develop effective marketing programs to stimulate demand for AccuWeather products and services, recognizing that the future of the company rests within the domain of digital media
- Determine where to improve and expand domestic and global marketing initiatives
- Help improve the marketing of critical partnerships that extend AccuWeather’s reach, particularly in areas related to international, mobile OEMs, other opportunities to drive digital traffic
- Working closely with the Chief Product Officer and the IT team to develop marketing strategies to have impactful launches of new products and services; improve the appeal and functionality of existing products
- Develop advertising and promotional programs to acquire and retain loyal users
- Oversee public relations and corporate communications - ensure delivery of a consistent and effective message.
- Maximize images and influence of Top Executives and Board Members on social media and new channels to maximize AccuWeather’s image
- Develop communications strategies that increase brand awareness (internal and external) and raise the bar so we are more proactive and less reactive
- Measure effectiveness of marketing campaigns and introduce success metrics.
- Oversee market research and analysis of the competition and stay ahead of industry trends, competitive activity
- Analyze and adopt marketing shifts to maximize growth
- Orchestrate marketing activities between senior management, agencies, marketing staff, and vendors.
- Devise appropriate collateral material and sales tools, including the company’s website presence and online marketing tools.
- Help improve the presentation and content of RFP’s and materials for direct sales.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or similar field or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. An MBA in Marketing is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience growing a brand and helping maximize company revenue
- Strong creative insight and ability to inspire others to share his/her creative vision.
- Proven ability work with and influence executives at the highest levels
- Deep understanding of Digital Media strongly preferred
- Ability to assess talent and build high performing teams a must
- Previous experience leading a successful and creative marketing team.
- Demonstrated ability to put strategic vision into motion
- Experience with analytics and the ability to use market research and analysis to drive and support strategic decision making
- Strong ability to develop advertising and promotional programs and campaigns
- Must have strong communications skills both oral and written
- Must have experience in the PR and communication space - managing outside Agencies of Record
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.