AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as Business Solutions (AES), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
The Technical Project Manager is responsible for the direction, coordination, execution, and completion of assigned projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments, and goals. This role engages broadly across business and information technology functions to ensure effective communication, buy-in, and execution of critical work. Experience working in a technology environment, effective business acumen, and strong information management skills are essential for success.
- Develop detailed project plans including charter, scope, budget, required resources, stakeholder support, timeline, and communication.
- Manage active project scope, time and budget, coordinating with resources, stakeholders, and management as required for success.
- Gather project updates from assigned resources and work with managers to ensure resource availability.
- Measure project performance using standard metrics, tools, and techniques.
- Prepare regular technical and executive reports to stakeholders and management on project status, changes, and needs.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors as required.
- Facilitate and contribute to the creation and maintenance of comprehensive documentation of the project and any services that result as a deliverable.
- Develop strategies and methods to address wayward projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Management, Information Technology, or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of experience in project management.
- 5+ years of experience working in a complex technology environment.
- PMP certification strongly preferred.
- Advanced degree is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with standard project management processes and tools.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.