AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as Business Solutions (AES), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
The Weather Graphics Producer leads the production and implementation of video weather graphics across multiple AccuWeather platforms. Experience with the Baron Lynx weather graphics system is a must for this position, which will work at our Headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania.
- Using graphic tools provided, build compelling video weather graphics for AccuWeather products, clients, and partners.
- Train and mentor broadcasters and producers in creating and organizing video weather graphics.
- Works with AccuWeather Meteorologists, broadcasters and producers to prepare accurate on-camera video weather forecasts either live or taped with AccuWeather’s consensus forecast.
- Generate daily content under deadline pressure.
- Ability to work in the fast-paced and demanding environment of live television.
- Adhere to all department policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Meteorology is preferred; however, a degree in Graphic Design with related experience of one to three years will be considered.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Previous experience in producing compelling video weather graphics is required.
- Previous experience with weather graphics systems (such as Baron Lynx, WSI, Weather Central, AccuWeather) is required
- Previous experience with graphic design software (such as Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects) is a plus
- Previous experience with video editing software (such as Premiere, Final Cut) is a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate in the broadcast style is required.
- Superior Customer Service skills are required.
- Windows and MAC operating systems knowledge is required.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required for this role.
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings, holidays and overnights if needed to fill in.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.