We are looking for an experienced Software Developer in Test with a passion for making test teams more efficient and productive. Someone who likes to build and break things to inject quality into software throughout the entire development lifecycle. As a Senior Software Developer in Test you will support test automation tools, work with the QA team to accomplish results and have a direct impact on the quality of the AccuWeather platform.
This position will work cross-functionally with Development and Product in an Agile-based environment to test our web, mobile app, and API technologies that cater to a global audience of consumers and enterprise customers. You will build and execute automation test suites and scripts. This hands-on position requires automation competence and technical knowledge of application software development, as well as experience with automated testing frameworks and tools.
- Builds and executes mobile and web-based test automation solutions and scripts
- Development of automated suites that continuously raise the quality of mobile and web-based apps, API’s, SDK’s, and services
- Provides input on the selection of automation tools, concepts, and methodologies
- Integrate automated test cases with delivery orchestration platforms with a focus on Continuous Integration
- Review of technical requirements, software design specifications and implementations
- Ensure best practices are followed for test suite automation and frameworks, including documentation
- Ensure deliverables are met with high quality, including those on tight timelines
- Engages with testing leadership to align priorities and ensure cross-functional alignment
- Integrate automated execution with test management tools for the purposes of clear, consistent, reporting across the lifecycle
- May work on and support development efforts on various platforms
- BS/BA in related discipline with 5+ years’ experience in related field - OR - MS/MA and 3+ years’ experience in related field
- Direct, hands-on, experience with projects or programs within department or functional area with significant business impact
- Displays a high level of critical thinking and analysis in bringing successful implementations to high-impact or complex challenges
- Consistently makes sound decisions when faced with challenging alternatives that result in successful outcomes
- Self-driven; good problem-solving skills; adaptable and proactive
- Good verbal and written communication skills; strong collaboration, reporting, and analytical skills
- Proven track record in test automation, designing functional test suites, and producing deliverables
- Experience developing automation using industry standard tools and services such as Selenium, Appium, AWS Device Farm, SauceLabs, and BrowserStack
- Adaptable to engage on both testing and development tasks as needed
AccuWeather is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state or federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.