We are looking for an experienced Quality Analyst with a passion for delivering high-quality applications and services. Someone who loves to break things and inject quality into the testing lifecycle. As a Senior Quality Analyst, you will help champion best practices and procedures for testing, mentor other analysts, and understand the role automation plays in software testing. You will work with others to accomplish results and have a meaningful impact on the quality of the AccuWeather platform.
This position will work cross-functionally with Development, Operations, Product and other groups in an Agile-based environment to test our web, mobile app, and API technologies that cater to a global audience of consumers and enterprise customers. This hands-on position requires testing competence and knowledge of testing processes, tools, reporting, and deliverables.
- Create and maintain test cases to ensure proper test coverage for all projects
- Develops test estimates, timelines, strategies, and plans
- Reviews requirements, functional and design specifications for projects
- Identifies risks and proposes options for mitigations
- Executes test cases, analyzes results, documents defects, and validates fixes
- Provides feedback for improved quality processes and tools
- Follows and provides input into testing processes, standards, and tools
- Provides support for testing tools
- Ensure deliverables are met with quality, including those on tight timelines
- Ensures test execution and defect results can be reported on in a consistent, automated, way
- BS/BA in related discipline with 5+ years’ experience in related field - OR - MS/MA and 3+ years’ experience in related field
- Direct, hands-on, experience with projects or programs within department or functional area with significant business impact
- Displays a high level of critical thinking and analysis in bringing successful implementations to high-impact or complex challenges
- Consistently makes sound decisions when faced with challenging alternatives that result in successful outcomes
- Self-driven; good problem-solving skills; adaptable and proactive
- Good verbal and written communication skills; strong collaboration, reporting, and analytical skills
- Proven track record in test execution, designing functional test suites, and producing deliverables
- Experience using industry standard testing tools such as Quality Center, qTest Manager, TestRail, or other similar products
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.