Who You Are
The global product team at AccuWeather is seeking a Digital Analytics Analyst to support the way in which AccuWeather collects, reports and provides insights to the rest of the organization for our non-mobile and mobile applications. This position is joining an expanding Business Intelligence and Analytics team and will collaborate with digital product managers, business stakeholders and development teams across the organization to help implement and validate the digital data collection processes, document data capture methodologies and measurement strategies with help from the digital analytics and BI. team, leveraging a number of online tools, help interpret complex data and convey concise analysis and recommendations to stakeholders, you will also assist with monitoring KPI’s and trends to help drive tactical and strategic business decisions.
To succeed in this role, you should have strong technical acumen, exceptional problem-solving capabilities and be extremely detail oriented. This role is perfectly suited for someone with a passion for data, digital technologies and those interested in leveraging data and technology to improve the end users experience.
The position is based in State College, Pennsylvania. Some travel might be required to our other offices.
What You Will Be Doing
- Conduct quality assurance checks and data validation; identifies data collection issues and gaps; and recommends fixes
- Interface regularly with partners and data team; proactively identify and resolve issues that arise including reporting discrepancies, data inaccuracies
- Assist with the creation of measurement plans based on strategic initiatives
- Develop a basic knowledge of each products and reports data sources
- Maintain detailed documentation of analytics tools and measurement strategies
- Leverage data visualization tools to curate reporting for cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with Product Owners and other key stakeholders to define and implement necessary requirements in order to properly report on relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Meticulously detailed. Data and Technology savvy
- Passion for learning new tools and visualizing data outputs
- A genuine interest and knowledge of the media and digital industry landscape
- Be curious and globally oriented with a pride for building successful products
Experience We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Information Systems, Technical Marketing or equivalent experience/training
- 1-2 years of experience using Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, or other industry leading analytics tools and familiarity with web data, traffic
- Expertise in Excel and PowerPoint
- High level of attention to detail, quality, and effective oral and written communication skills, along with excellent follow-through
- Strong analytics skills to obtain data, interpret results, and turn insights into actionable and measurable strategies
- Willingness to learn and adapt to a changing environment
- Understanding of research and statistical methodologies (regression, forecasting, etc.)
- Extracting, organizing, and analyzing digital data using tools such as SQL, Excel, and Google spreadsheets
- Genuine interest and knowledge of the media and digital industry landscape
- Experience with multiple of the following are preferred: Understanding of SQL, Sql Server, Excel, VBA, Google Bigquery, Python and R
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.