AccuWeather provides hourly forecasts worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, smart TVs and appliances, as well as traditional media. AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites, including wallstreetjournal.com, CBS News, and The New York Times. AccuWeather is looking for a DevOps Engineer III, API to join our team! This position will work out of our Headquarters office in State College, PA.
Who You Are
We’re looking for an experienced senior DevOps Engineer with a passion for making delivery more efficient and productive. Someone who will drive efforts to enhance our API cloud infrastructure and operations to increase delivery velocity and maximize reliability, availability, scalability, and performance.
As a DevOps Engineer III - API, you are a key member of the cross-functional API team supporting the entire lifecycle. You are responsible for the end-to-end software delivery process and automating the build, deployment, validation and monitoring frameworks. You must have a passion for automation, release management, performance monitoring, operations excellence, and cloud platforms. Hands on experience with software development lifecycles, modern build tools, virtual environment management, continuous integration and delivery are essential to succeed in this role.
You’ll need the ability to quickly understand needs and not only code and configure tools, but also assemble and integrate technology across platforms. This includes a deep understanding of systems, data structures, multiple cloud platforms, and scripting as well as open source tools that can and should be leveraged to solve problems. You’ll work in a rapid environment where there aren’t always clear specifications or rules about how something should be done, where it’s up to you to figure things out and keep things moving.
What You'll Be Doing
- Support the build, deployment, and continuous validation of AccuWeather’s API’s
- Build, document, maintain, and execute automated CI / CD pipelines for development, QA, and production
- Apply appropriate controls to pipelines to facilitate fast release cycles with minimal risk
- Define best practices for source control, continuous integration, release management, and validation
- Bring new and open source automation technologies to improve the velocity and quality of our API’s
- Continuously improve and rally support for our build and deployment processes
- Consult with peers and cross-functional engineers on system architecture
- Identify opportunities to automate and deliver self service capabilities for the most common infrastructure and API management tasks
- Research and recommend technology frameworks for source management, software build, infrastructure management, and continuous integration
- Exhibit a deep understanding of various cloud platforms, including Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and AWS
- Plan sprints within the API project team to keep the team moving forward
Experience We Are Looking For
- BS/BA in related discipline with 5+ years’ experience in related field - OR - MS/MA and 3+ years’ experience in related field
- Direct, hands-on experience in an Agile environment with demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work towards task completion
- Experience with Linux / Unix and Windows platforms
- Proven experience managing cloud environments, including Azure, Google Cloud, and / or AWS
- Experience with containers, orchestration and CI systems
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Bash, Powershell), configuration and provisioning tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible) and version control (Git, TFS)
- Working knowledge of security standards and best practices
- Displays a high level of critical thinking and analysis in bringing successful implementations to high-impact or complex challenges
- Consistently makes sound decisions when faced with challenging alternatives that result in successful outcomes
- Self-driven; good problem-solving skills; adaptable and proactive
- Good verbal and written communication skills; strong collaboration, reporting, and analytical skills
AccuWeather is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer