The global product design team at AccuWeather is seeking a Senior Interaction / UX Designer to help lead the user experience for AccuWeather’s portfolio of consumer & enterprise products. Reporting to the Vice President, Product Experience, this position is joining an expanding team whose focus is to transform the existing suite of products used by more than 300 million consumers worldwide, as well as lead the next generation of innovative product development.
The successful applicant needs to have a sophisticated eye for interaction design with a demonstrated track-record in producing digital first, intuitive experiences that can simplify complex datasets into easily understood user experiences. Applicants must have exceptional communication and be responsible for collaborating with stakeholders across the company including product, technology, marketing, and sales.
If you have a passion for science, technology, and leveraging data to improve people’s lives, as well as an outstanding portfolio, this is the role for you. The position is based in New York City or State College, Pennsylvania. Travel will be required.
The Senior Interaction / UX Designer is a creative thinker and expert in user interface / user experience design with a solid portfolio of work across web, mobile, and app interfaces. This person will define, execute, and optimize the user experience of the AccuWeather product portfolio; consumer & enterprise.
- Produce user scenarios and flows, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, and other artifacts required to develop and evolve user experience designs
- Help develop, manage, and refine UI pattern libraries and interaction guidelines
- Work with researcher department to coordinate testing efforts, interpret test results, and incorporate results into design efforts
- Go deep on inputs and create an interaction design model that gracefully accommodates multi-user, multi-modal input across our experiences and contexts
- Effectively communicate with developers through implementation phase to realize vision
- Communicate, defend, and build consensus around interaction design direction
- Design extraordinaire with a passion for UI/UX design
- Strong leader. Analytical mind combined with a creative thinker. Exceptional communicator
- Ability to evangelize to your team and to upper management
- Be curious and globally oriented
- Minimum of 5 years’ interaction design experience
- Experience with designing for emerging technologies and connected devices is a must
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the fundamentals of design —interaction design, user-centered experience design, digital marketing and the creative process
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with product teams of all levels and backgrounds
- Passion for building great user experiences and solving customer and business problems
- Experience working with user testing and focus groups
- Data driven mind-set and ability to create user personas and test scenarios
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles and UI best practices
- Expertise in responsive UI experiences
- Ability to design within brand guidelines and create guidelines as needed
- Expert knowledge of the Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Travel between New York City, NY and State College, Pennsylvania required
- Familiarity with the AccuWeather brand and weather-related content
- Ability to prototype for user testing
- A digital native
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
All applicants should supply an online portfolio link with their applications
AccuWeather is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer