AccuWeather provides hourly forecasts worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, smart TVs and appliances, as well as traditional media. AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites, including wallstreetjournal.com, CBS News, and The New York Times. AccuWeather is looking for a Housekeeper to join our team!
Who You Are
The AccuWeather Housekeeper works independently, with minimal direct supervision, to clean contents of offices, common areas and restrooms in a commercial office establishment. This position is essential in maintaining the overall appearance of our headquarters building, as well as our building located in Cato Park. The hours for this role are generally 7:30am to 4:00pm. The work days are generally Monday through Friday, but included a weekend rotation between the facilities team.
What You Will Be Doing
- Cleans offices, cubicles, open areas, restrooms, including but not limited to vacuuming, dusting, polishing, washing, etc.
- Cleans and disinfects exercise room and equipment.
- Empties and cleans wastebaskets, and empties and cleans recycle bins.
- Transports trash and recyclable cans and bottles to disposal area.
- Moves furniture to sweep and dust.
- Replenishes supplies such as beverage products, paper products, cups, napkins, plates, utensils, etc.
- Launders cleaning towels, dust mops table cloths, etc. as directed.
- Set-up for meetings and visitors including supplying needed beverages, plates, cups, etc.
- Maintain inventories and reports needed supplies for requisition.
- Reports facility and equipment malfunctions to Facilities Manager.
- Follows all rules and regulations set forth for all employees in a capacity to perform all jobs related duties while on the property.
- Contributes to departmental and interdepartmental teamwork
- Other duties as assigned
Experience We Are Looking For
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school education or equivalent; with six months-related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, and able to work independently with minimal direction
- This position requires to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb and work from prone position.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to focus.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position
- Available to work some weekends