At accuRx, we're on a mission to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together.
Who are accuRx?
At accuRx, we’re building the first patient-centred communication platform. Our products help doctors, nurses, pharmacists, administrators, carers and anyone else involved in a patient's care to communicate easily with patients and with each other. We believe this will transform how healthcare is delivered, improving patient outcomes, improving staff morale and increasing the efficiency of health systems
Our products have 98% adoption in GP practices and we are investing into other areas of healthcare (hospitals, pharmacies, care homes). By making messaging easier, we’re making more of medicine asynchronous, from simple consultations to getting advice from hospital specialists, saving time and making it easier for staff to communicate. Our users describe the impact of our work best:
Wow! Ground breaking stuff, great work ethic, philosophy & mission - a real beacon of light for our future generations
- a Clinician
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world. You can view more about the impact we’ve had so far here
Come join us if you’re excited about changing the lives of patients and their healthcare teams and share our values of being mission driven, collaboration, continuous improvement, responsible ownership and balance.
Life as a Senior Backend Engineer at accuRx
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join us and help shape the future of our product.
Working closely with our CTO and VP of Engineering, you will pioneer development and be relied upon as one of our greatest technical experts. As a Senior Backend Engineer, you’ll scale and innovate our product like never before, as well as build brand new solutions. You'll also play a key role in driving technical product choices as part of a cross functional team.
You'll work closely with other Engineers, UX Designers, Product Managers, Researchers and our Clinical Leads. Together you will work in six week cycles to deliver specific product goals.
You'll be part of an incredibly talented & diverse team of men and women, all motivated by the same mission: to change lives by fixing the world-wide problem that is communication in healthcare.
To best service healthcare practices and build a scalable solution that will be used in every GP practice, hospital and care home in the UK we currently work with Kubernetes, C# (.net core), SQL, React, ES6, TypeScript and Redux (check out our full tech stack here). However, we are constantly learning, iterating and improving. As we continue to grow at a phenomenal rate, who knows what tech stack we will be working with soon - and you could be the person to show us!
What’s unique about engineering at accuRx?
Every day you’ll be applying the “product engineer” mindset. This means being close to users and their needs (e.g. getting involved in user research by joining sessions with patients and their healthcare teams), helping decide what we build (e.g. collaborating on design and specifications), building with a focus on the end goal and being responsible for continuous improvement to the live services you have shipped. Read more here.
We'd really like to hear from you, if ...
- You have 4 + years experience in backend software / product engineering
- Ideally you will have experience in C#, it's ok if you don't as long as you are willing to learn!
- Although not essential it would be great if you had worked in a growing start up
- You're mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- You're passionate about improving healthcare
- You're excited by change and a fast-paced learning environment
- You love solving problems, and relish in the constant challenges a startup throws your way.
- You're an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life.
- When you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You share our values
Salary and benefits package
Our package includes:
- £60,000 - £80,000 salary + meaningful share options (see our public progression framework and salary bandings)
- Flexible working including core hours and up to 2 days remote working per week
- Generous leave policies including 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and enhanced parental leave
- £1000 annual learning and development budget; £500 wellness budget
- Time on the frontline - Everyone visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to truly understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
- And much more.
Read more about our benefits here.
We're building a business and culture to be proud of - see our Employee Handbook in full here.
Check us out on Instagram to see what life at accuRx is really like!
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Here’s 3 reasons why accuFolk love working at accuRx! 💙
Why is a diverse and inclusive workplace so important to us?
Each health system is made up of a diverse workforce, serving 100% of the population. We are building for them, not us. We can only transform health systems if we build a diverse team, rich with different backgrounds, opinions and personalities. We are an equal opportunities employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. We particularly welcome applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in the technology sector, such as women, people with disabilities and individuals from Black and Minority ethnic communities.
We have set ourselves some targets to hold ourselves accountable - check them out.