The Manager, Strategic Partnership Development is a remote, work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners (a structure central to our culture and our vision to change the work/life paradigm). Ideal candidates will reside within a reasonable driving distance of one of our key hub regions: Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, Seattle, Chicago, Denver, or Santa Barbara/Los Angeles; however all locations will be considered.
Some travel is required for client meetings or other internal meetings, conferences, etc.
The Manager of Strategic Partnership Development will sit within the Client Growth and Partnerships team and report into the Director of Strategic Partnership Development. This person will be responsible for managing strategic partnerships for some of Acceleration Partners’ largest and most complex managed programs. This role will dot into our Account Management team offering strategic guidance to their client portfolio, managing relationships with performance partners, and supporting growth strategies that are aligned with their clients’ goals.
Top 5 job responsibilities
- Build strong relationships with AP’s top performing partners, developing a strong understanding of their businesses and offerings; identify new partnership opportunities and areas of optimization to drive revenue growth
- Research high revenue potential publishers and perform outreach for recruitment into AP programs
- Strategize with new and existing publishers to develop out of the box ideas to activate partnerships and maximize sales
- Work closely with Publisher Development and Account Management teams to stay up to speed with all new partnersjoining client programs and make strategic recommendations to managed clients
- Present and sell new publisher opportunities and provide updates on existing opportunities to our clients.
What success looks like:
By 6 months…the Manager, Strategic Partnership Development has developed strong relationships with their clients as well as their key existing partners. They have a good understanding of their client’s business and have identified new opportunities to grow their programs. They have a firm grasp on the recruitment and reporting process along with what is needed for success. They are consistently sourcing and engaging with new to AP partners who have the ability to drive revenue
and scale for our managed programs, meeting weekly partner outreach goals, as well as weekly recruitment and revenue goals. They are regularly bringing relevant new partner opportunities to their clients and ensuring that AP is on the forefront of affiliate publisher / partner models.
By 1 year… the Manager, Strategic Partnerships has created reporting and recruitment process efficiencies and best practices. They are regularly identifying opportunities that genuinely move the needle. They are working with partners and a variety of AP clients to develop new tactics to activate partners and generate revenue to exceed yearly goals. They have successfully identified and driven the activation of non-traditional partner types, and integrated new partner types into the overall AP strategic partnership process.
Qualities of the ideal candidate:
- Is a natural matchmaker and passionate about creating opportunities for people and partners through any means (e.g. lunches, calls, travel, socializing)
- Enjoys developing and making pitches for new business
- Has strong aptitude for identifying digital strategies based on publisher business models
- Is a sell-starter and will go after different opportunities, big and small
- Quickly develops new relationships
- Knows how to collaborate with team members in a remote environment and is comfortable working independently with minimal supervision
- Can keep deadlines and commitments and is accountable to your work
- Only provides superior results for your team, and ultimately, your clients
- Has confidence, poise, and eloquence in difficult situations
- Thrives in a last-paced environment and enjoys bringing order to chaos
- Possesses mature and measured judgment, and the ability to solve problems on your own
Minimum qualifications & skills:
- 2-5 years of experience cultivating relationships with affiliate partners in a similar role within a network, agency, or in-house position
- Strong track record of building relationships with partners and retailers in several verticals
- Extensive knowledge of the affiliate marketing landscape
- Proven excellence in exceeding revenue goals
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of Affiliate Networks (Impact, Partnerize, CJ, AWIN, etc) a plus
- Public Relations, Sales, and/or Business Development experience a plus
- Ability to travel regularly
WHY ACCELERATION PARTNERS?
Acceleration Partners is the premier global partner marketing agency. By focusing on Better People, Better Processes and Better Performance, our team sets the standard for how brands efficiently grow and refine their marketing partnerships anywhere in the world.
A trusted agency partner to leading brands, our team of seasoned marketers and industry experts help companies build meaningful, lasting, performance-based relationships with strategic partners.
Acceleration Partners has received several prestigious awards and accolades for both our client services and culture, including “Best Agency” (International Performance Marketing Awards), “Best Workplaces” (Inc.), “Best Places to Work” (Glassdoor), “Most Committed to Work-Life Balance” (Digiday).
Some of our clients include adidas, Brandless, Hotwire, LinkedIn, Redbubble, Reebok and StubHub.
Acceleration Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.