Location: The Sr. Resourcing Manager is a remote, work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners (a structure central to our culture and our vision to change the work/life paradigm). Ideal candidates must reside within a reasonable driving distance of any of our key hub regions: Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, Seattle, Chicago, Denver, or Santa Barbara/Los Angeles. Some travel is required for conferences, internal meetings, etc.
The Sr. Resourcing Manager will play a critical role on our growing client delivery team, supporting efforts across the entire 180+ person client service team. You’ll use data to develop methodologies and metrics that support efficient and effective resource management decisions for a rapidly scaling company. You’ll provide strategic guidance and oversight for your team that is accountable for the effective implementation of the team’s staffing, resources and utilization processes beginning with forecasting needs, through maintaining and engaging our existing talent. You’ll work cross-functionally to ensure that resource solutions enhance the performance of client services teams, profitability of the company, and quality of work delivered.
At Acceleration Partners, we have three core values that we apply to everything we do: Own It, Embrace Relationships, and Excel & Improve. The ideal candidate will have at least a five-year track record of Management, Operations, People Operations or similar experience that aligns to all of these values. This person will have a history of owning it, assuming personal responsibility for making sure we are providing the best resources and support for all of our team members. He/she will also have a history of embracing relationships within a firm and across all levels. And this person will have demonstrated the desire to Excel & Improve by consistently evaluating refinements to processes and showing a passion for continued learning and improvement.
The Sr. Resourcing Manager will lead the team responsible for ensuring that staffing and team utilization is being managed effectively in a high-paced, regularly changing agency environment. Your team is responsible for working across teams to define and implement creative solutions to staffing challenges, while ensuring that profitability is always kept top of mind. This role will require the ability to manage multiple senior stakeholders and lead via influence, not authority, to accomplish the requirements of the role. This role sits within the Client Success team and collaborates with stakeholders across Client Services, Talent & Culture and Business Operations.
Top 5 Job Responsibilities:
1. Lead, Manage, and hold your team Accountable – Develop, lead, and inspire your team, while holding them accountable to their work. Manage workloads, delegate projects accordingly, and your team’s potential. Act as a skilled influencer and trusted partner, able to communicate complex messages to others.
2. Process Development & Improvement – Oversee the development and distribution of key processes, ensuring that efficiency is top of mind and reducing redundancy and inefficiency. Establish best practices for key metric reporting. Ensure we’re using the right tools to make the smartest decisions.
3. Resource Management – Ensure that the right people are being placed on the right work at the right time. Proactively identify and bring strategic solutions to cross-team staffing situations as requested or if staffing situation is complex in nature, through creative measures and innovative plans that utilize current resources, working closely with the CS team identify additional nuances. Communication of staffing solutions is clear, concise and considers variables and potential issues. If limitations with existing resources arise either in capacity, skills, or anything that may indicate a potential need or hiring situation, proactively flag upwards as soon as possible.
4. Staffing Needs Forecasting - Work cross functionally to understand hiring needs based on new client support, internal elevations and transitions, and people attrition. Own the forecasting model and ensure we’re staying on track to meet our staffing needs.
5. Global Staffing Support - Work with EMEA and APAC teams to ensure that current staffing needs are met and future team growth is supported. Ensure global staffing processes are efficient and functional at scale.
What success looks like:
- By 3 months - You have gained the ability to review both the utilization process and metrics and do so on a consistent basis, as well as share findings and escalate issues based on discoveries. Strong initial relationships are being built with key stakeholders. You are viewed as the key centralized stakeholder and a critical part of staffing and planning conversations. You have integrated into all core process for the role and have a strong understanding of accountability.
- By 6 months - You will have full accountability for the strategy and direction of resource management for the Client Services team, globally. Independently and regularly analyzing, evaluating and sharing data. Processes are running efficiently and being used strategically in combination with sales projections and budgets to solve staffing issues and forecast upcoming needs. Strong relationships, built on trust and results, exist with key stakeholders. You now have the knowledge needed to convey underlying reasons based on data, balance and what’s good for the business, while remaining neutral to promote a healthy, positive environment within the team.
You are great for this role if you:
- Love puzzles of any kind
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, high performing environment and bringing order to chaos
- Are exhilarated by managing change and comfortable with ambiguity and moving targets
- Intuitively utilize spreadsheets and organize information and data in an easy to digest manner
- Have superior organization and time management skills, and are capable of coordinating/prioritizing several projects at once
- Exhibit a strong propensity for building strong internal relationships
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have a consistent attention to detail
- Are able to absorb a high volume of information, retain that information and apply it to future plans to help drive recommendations.
- Have a strong internal motivation to get the job done, with a high bar for excellence
- Display accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments
- Know how to collaborate with team members in a remote environment while also working independently with minimal supervision
Qualifications and Skills:
- 8+ years of resource management experience
- Excellent Excel skills, Smartsheet experience strongly preferred
- Agency experience strongly preferred
- Experience with staffing and utilization
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Basic understanding of business financials
- Technology savvy with the ability and desire to learn a variety of software systems
- Superior communication and organization skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Bachelor’s degree required
WHY ACCELERATION PARTNERS?
Acceleration Partners is the recognized leader in global partnership marketing. Five time winner of the IPMA "Best Performance Marketing Agency" category, Acceleration Partners has a 15 year track record of driving exceptional outcomes for top global brands including Target, Reebok, LinkedIn, Adidas, and Noom. Acceleration Partners manages programs for brands in more than 40 countries worldwide, and provides deep expertise in all key partnership marketing tactics, including affiliate, influencer, content, mass media, and B2B partner marketing. We believe that marketing is better for brands and consumers when it is based on authentic connections. We build genuine connections with clients, partners, employees, and our community to enable remarkable outcomes.
As an organization, we are 100% remote, 100% of the time. Our infrastructure was built to operate remotely and we believe we do it better than most with equal access to tools, resources, colleagues, and leadership no matter where you are in the world or what your role is within the organization. When we ask our employees, “What motivates you to come to work every day?” Time and time again the answer is our people. Joining Acceleration Partners means joining a community of brilliant colleagues from around the world who are smart, driven, and who will challenge and motivate you to new heights.
Acceleration Partners has received several prestigious awards and accolades for our culture, including ”Best Workplaces” (Inc.), “Best Places to Work” (Glassdoor), “Most Committed to Work-Life Balance” (Digiday).
Acceleration Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.