Account Manager (fluent in Japanese)
The Account Manager is a remote, work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners (a structure central to our culture and our vision to change the work/life paradigm).We Are Seeking Candidates Who Are Fluent In Japanese. Candidates Must Reside In Australia.
Some travel is required for client meetings or other internal meetings, conferences, etc.
REGIONAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
The ideal candidate will have deep APAC knowledge with ability to speak and write fluent English and Japanese.
Acceleration Partners is seeking an Account Manager with a foundation of affiliate marketing experience/knowledge. The seat will be responsible for managing client relationships with an enterprise level global advertiser. Primary focus on development of strategic recommendations to support client growth. Works with fellow account team to help lead and execute campaigns to ensure optimal results and superior quality. The role will be geared towards client efforts in the Japanese/APAC region. This person will be accountable for ensuring client efforts take into consideration local nuances of the APAC region.
TOP 5 JOB RESPONSIBILITIES FOR ACCOUNT MANAGER:
- CLIENT SERVICE AND COMMUNICATION - Serves as the main point of contact, interacting with the client daily, ensuring the client is happy with the services provided. Works to understand client’s brand and marketing goals, pinpoints and develops strategic plans and tactics to reach client’s objectives. Develops and nurtures excellent relationships, reflected in very high client satisfaction and retention rates with a net promoter score of 8+.
- ACCOUNT STRATEGY & EXECUTION – Manages successful client programs by developing effective strategies and tactical plans for achieving client’s goals and objective. Prioritizes tactics to align with the client’s goals and proactively adjusts goals when client’s scope of work or agenda doesn’t align. Oversees efficiencies across all deliverables to maximize client’s spend and managed revenue. Effective strategic planning is represented in achieving 90% of client’s goals.
- NEW PUBLISHER OPPORTUNITIES - Leverages existing professional network and relationships within the Japanese/APAC region to source new publishers opportunities for client. Creatively identifies new publisher opportunities on behalf of their clients. Extend outreach to potential publishers to sell them on the benefits of an affiliate partnership. Through creating strong publisher relationships, able to quickly implement optimization strategies. Able to think outside of the box and present new opportunities so they align with the client’s marketing goals and objective.
- REPORTING AND ANALYSIS – Oversees account reporting and pacing and communicates performance and provides recommendations to clients. Provides clients with regular reporting, analyzes data to find opportunities or trends and digs further to understand root causes and solutions. Analyzes the performance of marketing campaigns and communicates results and recommendations for future campaigns based on data. Delivers end of month reports and presentations with the story clearly illustrated, supported by data driven insights and provides strategic program recommendations to clients.
- LEAD MANAGE AND HOLD YOUR TEAM ACCOUNTABLE- Trains and develops associates by leading their efforts with the goal to successfully execute effective marketing campaigns. Supervises associate activities, manages workloads and delegates tasks while ensuring successful and timely execution on deliverables. With assistance from Associate Director, delivers management coaching to associates in order to elevate and grow team capabilities, motivating A players and managing out poor performers.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
BY 6 MONTHS… the Account Manager is executing the day-to-day operations of affiliate program with little guidance from their Associate Director. Account Manager has formed strong relationships with key client contacts and are the main point of contact for clients’ strategic, account, and Japanese/APAC regional questions. Challenging client situations are being managed with guidance from Associate Director. Client data is regularly being analyzed and used strategically in optimization, activation and recruitment campaigns. Client accounts are being handled effectively and strategically, without dropping any balls, and clients are aware of and pleased with this outcome. Clients are being serviced profitably with target bill rates being met, and client Net Promoter Scores are 8+.
BY 1 YEAR… the Account Manager is taking full accountability for the performance and success of their clients. Account efficiency has been maximized, and excellent strategic plans and communication is in place on all accounts, and recognized as a key to client success. Clients are being serviced profitably, all deliverables are A caliber, and Net Promoter Scores remain consistent at 8+.
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Has strong internal motivation to get the job done and done well, with no room for errors
- Only provides superior results for clients and unsurpassed customer service
- Recognizes the importance of being engaged in their work and keeping clients engaged as well
- Possesses mature and measured judgment, and the ability to solve problems on their own
- Has incredible attention to detail and is capable of multi-tasking and coordinating several projects at once
- Possesses superior written and verbal communication skills
- Displays accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments
- Knows how to collaborate with team members in a remote environment
- Has confidence, poise, and eloquence in client meetings and difficult situations
- Thrives in a fast paced environment and enjoys bringing order to chaos
- Prioritizes competing objectives and manages time with skill
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience working with global stakeholders with various cultural backgrounds
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Expert understanding of the Japanese / APAC market
- Fluent in Japanese and English (both written and oral)
- 3-8 years of online marketing, e-commerce, or affiliate marketing experience required
- Direct affiliate marketing experience (in-house, agency, network) required
- Knowledge of Affiliate Networks (Impact, Awin, etc.) required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Advanced Excel capabilities and comfortable with formatting, formulas, customizing reports, etc.
- Working knowledge of HTML, a plus
- Previous experience managing and motivating direct reports, a plus
WHY ACCELERATION PARTNERS?
We are the leading global affiliate marketing agency in the industry. Recently our company was named Best Performance Marketing Agency and Industry Choice of Agency by the International Performance Marketing Association. We strive to be a high-value, transparent and performance-driven partner to our clients as well as change the work-life paradigm for our team members.
In support of a healthy work-life paradigm, Acceleration Partners is a 100% remote work environment. Our team members are accountable, genuine partners, thought leaders and problem-solvers. They challenge the status quo, practice radical candor, are continuous learners and are always looking for ways to grow and improve.
In addition to our numerous industry and service awards, Acceleration Partners (AP) is also honored to have been named to top company culture lists by Glassdoor, Entrepreneur, Fortune, Forbes, Ad Age, Inc. and The Boston Globe. Our founder and CEO, Robert Glazer, was also ranked #2 on Glassdoor’s Highest-Rated CEOs list.
At AP, we work and live by strong core values and operating principles. These are not just cliché concepts that we tout; they are interwoven into every aspect of our organization. They influence who and how we hire, how we promote, how we service our clients and even how we live our personal lives.
Through our Performance Partnerships® program management framework, we help clients create transparent, high-value programs that bring more customers, incremental sales and faster growth. Acceleration Partners’ growing global reach, discerning industry expertise and relationships with performance-focused partners has led to a client roster that includes Target, adidas, Gymboree, Reebok, Warby Parker, ThirdLove, ButcherBox, FindYourTrainer, Smart Destinations, Luca + Danni and many other brands.
Our team members are far from average, and that is why AP is the global industry leader we are today.
Learn more at www.accelerationpartners.com/join-our-team.
Acceleration Partners is committed to having a diverse and inclusive culture. We would particularly welcome applications from black, Asian and other ethnic minority backgrounds, LGBTQ candidates, and candidates with a disability or who are neurodivergent.