SENIOR DIRECTOR / VP / HEAD OF INFLUENCER MARKETING
As the partner marketing landscape continues to evolve, various channels and tactics are coming together in exciting ways, and Acceleration Partners is leading the charge. We are seeking a Senior Leader specializing in Influencer Marketing to help launch a performance-driven influencer practice for our clients and platform partners by serving as an industry expert, executing client engagements, and driving thought leadership and innovative thinking around how Acceleration Partners can leverage the convergence of influencer and affiliate programs across our portfolio.
The Senior Director of Influencer Marketing will be directly and fully responsible for servicing our current influencer programs and will lead the development of a team to support this emerging channel. The Senior Director of Influencer Marketing will also work cross-functionally with our Marketing and Sales teams to help develop go-to-market and sales strategy, messaging, and collateral, as well as with our training team to ensure appropriate training capabilities are created.
The successful candidate will have strong experience in developing and managing successful, KPI-driven influencer marketing campaigns for consumer products and/or services companies. They will have working knowledge of the overall partner marketing landscape, including affiliate, and the ability to both develop comprehensive strategy as well as capably execute. The successful candidate will be a self-starter that can confidently plug in to any challenging situation with ease and can balance competing priorities well. As influencer marketing is a new service offering for Acceleration Partners, the Senior Director of Influencer Marketing must be flexible, willing and able to pivot quickly, and excited to operate successfully in an “intrapreneurial” situation. This person will also have a history of working well with their peers, quickly establishing relationships easily and leading through influence.
Initially, the Senior Director of Influencer Marketing will be a “player-coach,” having to directly work on influencer campaigns at the same time as they are building the team. However, once there is sufficient infrastructure, the expectation is for the Senior Director, Influencer Marketing to be a product lead and not involved in the direct servicing of accounts.
TOP 5 JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Influencer Marketing Strategy & Execution – Actively drive client strategy and campaign execution for influencer campaigns. Develop an overall strategic approach to delivering influencer marketing services and work with Client Services leadership to determine the optimal ways to integrate influencer marketing into Acceleration Partners overall product portfolio
- Lead, Manage & Hold Accountable - Onboard and train influencer specialists to scale the influencer practice. Develop training programs for marketers new to influencer, and document best practices for managing client programs. As the Acceleration Partners’ influencer offering grows, lead, manage and hold accountable a team of influencer specialists overseeing a significant client portfolio.
- Product Ownership – Work closely across functions such as Marketing, Sales, and Training support development of the infrastructure necessary to grow a highly successful influencer marketing offering.
- Platform Expertise – Act as Acceleration Partners’ subject matter expert on SaaS Influencer platforms such as CreatorIQ, Grin, and Izea. Monitor the market for new entrants and provide strategic recommendations for partnership opportunities. As needed, develop a working understanding of how influencer platforms can and should interface with affiliate platforms or networks. Develop strong relationships with external platform/network stakeholders.
- Thought Leadership – Proactively share influencer marketing expertise with the wider company by offering guidance and insights. Where relevant, share influencer marketing news and industry insights with team members, illustrating why and how the news may impact our affiliate marketing clients and/or business. Support building influencer marketing knowledge across the business through trainings and materials that teams can leverage.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
BY 6 MONTHS… The Senior Director of Influencer Marketing has onboarded a core team of at least three others to support influencer efforts. Along with that team, the Senior Director of Influencer Marketing is creating and executing multiple successful influencer marketing campaigns and translating the data and insights into actionable next steps for both the client and Acceleration Partners. The Senior Director of Influencer Marketing has actively supported the Sales and Client Services teams in bringing on at least 5 new influencer campaigns. The Senior Director of Influencer Marketing has developed and had approved by Acceleration Partners leadership and Board of Directors a comprehensive roadmap for the growth of the influencer marketing product to a meaningful offering that can be provided both to existing clients as well as to new ones.
BY 1 YEAR… Senior Director of Influencer Marketing has developed a successful approach to influencer marketing for Acceleration Partners, with at least 50% of influencer clients engaging in more than one campaign. This approach is documented, repeatable, and trainable. The Senior Director of Influencer Marketing is no longer working directly on client campaigns but has built a robust team of influencer marketing specialists, and is leading them effectively. Internal departments and team members are actively seeking expert advice and support from the Senior Director of Influencer Marketing, including insights, benchmarks, industry updates, and the Senior Director of Influencer Marketing is providing regular updates to the Board of Directors
YOU ARE GREAT FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU:
- Are a big picture, strategic innovative thinker with a strong go to market growth mentality
- Exhilarated by managing change and comfortable with ambiguity and moving targets
- Strong with data analysis and easily able to pinpoint issues and opportunities within a data set
- Translate data and insights into actionable next steps for clients
- Ensure that influencer strategies and tactics have measurable results
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, high performing environment
- Like to share and collaborate with peers in a remote environment
- Are passionate about the digital marketing industry and how influencer relates to the greater digital landscape
- Display accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments
- Hear and incorporate feedback from other team members, clients and partners
- Possess superior written and verbal communication skills
- Possess mature and measured judgment, and the ability to solve problems on their own
- Have incredible attention to detail and are capable of multi-tasking and coordinating several projects at once
- Have a strong professional presence, confidence, and eloquence in client meetings and difficult situations
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy bringing order to chaos
- Prioritize competing objectives and manage time with skill
- Work effectively in an autonomous and independent environment with minimal supervision.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- 5+ years working for an influencer marketing agency (or similar experience) and strong experience managing client relationships
- Experience building and leading a team of five more to execute influencer campaigns
- Ability to communicate with and present clearly to senior leaders and Board members
- Solid understanding of omni-channel and digital marketing, with a track record of successfully running influencer campaigns for consumer products and/or services companies
- Excellent at communicating, presenting and pitching and receiving approval from clients on new influencer campaigns
- Working knowledge of attribution in digital marketing
- Strong understanding of how influencer and affiliate marketing can work together
- Tools (CreatorIQ, Grin, Izea, etc.) experience preferred, not required
- Knowledge of Affiliate Networks or SaaS platforms (Impact, ShareASale, Commission Junction, etc.) experience preferred, not required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Advanced Excel capabilities and comfortable with formatting, formulas, customizing reports, etc.
WHY ACCELERATION PARTNERS?
Acceleration Partners is the premier global partner marketing agency. By focusing on Better People, Better Processes and Better Performance, our team sets the standard for how brands efficiently grow and refine their marketing partnerships anywhere in the world. Some of our clients include adidas, Hotwire, LinkedIn, Redbubble, Reebok and StubHub.
As an organization, we are 100% remote, 100% of the time. Our infrastructure was built to operate remotely and we believe we do it better than most with equal access to tools, resources, colleagues, and leadership no matter where you are in the world or what your role is within the organization. When we ask our employees, “What motivates you to come to work every day?” Time and time again the answer is our people. Joining Acceleration Partners means joining a community of brilliant colleagues from around the world who are smart, driven, and who will challenge and motivate you to new heights.
Acceleration Partners has received several prestigious awards and accolades for both our client services and culture, including “Best Agency” (International Performance Marketing Awards), “Best Workplaces” (Inc.), “Best Places to Work” (Glassdoor), “Most Committed to Work-Life Balance” (Digiday).
The Senior Director of Influencer Marketing is a work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners. This structure is central to our culture and our vision to change the work/life paradigm. While candidates who reside within a reasonable driving distance of one of our key hub regions (Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, Chicago, Denver, Seattle, or Los Angeles) are preferred, we will consider all candidates who reside and have the right to work in the US.
Some travel is required for meetings, conferences, etc. Proximity to a major airport is highly preferred.
Acceleration Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Learn more at www.accelerationpartners.com/join-our-team