LOCATION: SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
The Account Manager is a remote, work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners (a structure central to our culture and our vision to change the work/life paradigm). The ideal candidate will be based in Sydney and be able to travel to client and internal meetings. Candidates must hold a valid passport and be able to travel internationally.
Major brands are looking to take complex performance marketing programs global, creating a significant opportunity for strategic leadership and innovative execution. As a result, Acceleration Partners (AP) is seeking an Account Manager, Affiliate Marketing based out of Sydney. The Account Manager will be focused on client delivery for one of our most high-profile clients, and will be a key part of Acceleration Partners’ growth in the APAC region.
The core of the role is to provide hands-on client service, work closely with our largely US-based client services team to execute regional campaigns, and to support international expansion projects as needed. This will require excellent client service skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, strategic thinking, and a capability (and willingness) to own the day to day tasks and projects for client programs. It will also require the ability to comfortably present to and work with senior client contacts and key regional publishers. A successful candidate will have a “whatever it takes” attitude to meeting and exceeding clients’ needs and will maintain Acceleration Partners’ high standards and reputation for strategic vision and excellence.
TOP 5 JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Client Service and Communication: Serve as a regular point of contact for clients’ strategic and account questions, lead weekly client calls, oversee account reporting and manage resulting follow-up questions and communications. Manage challenging client situations as they occur, with guidance and participation available with a 24-hour response time from US-based Associate Director. Provide superior client service, develop and nurture excellent client relationships. Maintain very high client satisfaction and retention rates.
- Account Strategy: Oversee successful client programs to develop effective strategies and tactical plans for achieving client goals. Proactively offer new and innovation ideas to the overall program strategy of an emerging regional (APAC) affiliate program.
- Strategy Execution and General Account Maintenance: Execute effective affiliate recruitment, activation and optimization strategies that align with the goals of the client. Execute and supervise the day-to-day operations of multiple affiliate programs, including managing affiliate applications, deploying creative assets, monitoring for fraud and affiliate compliance, etc. Find, negotiate, and act on relevant publisher development opportunities, obtain approval for new publishers, and ensure activation in client programs. Think outside of the box to present new and interesting opportunities to clients. Maintain active contact with top affiliates, respond to affiliates’ inquiries and troubleshoot issues. Develop recruitment lists based on client needs as well as the corresponding outreach emails. Draft and execute affiliate communications and newsletters. Monitor affiliates’ marketing methods to prevent fraud and ensure compliance with each program's terms and conditions (Brandverity, FTC, Fraud).
- Reporting and Analysis: Provide clients with regular reporting, analyze data to find opportunities and identify issues. Develop strategic program plans and present resulting data-driven insights and recommendations to clients.
- Market Expansion Support: Serve as our critical first “two feet on the ground” in Sydney, working with a US-based and growing global team to support AP’s global business expansion. Provide strategic insights to AP senior management and research global expansion opportunities. Support sales efforts for non-US originated business and US-based clients looking to expand globally, as our global subject matter expert. This may include creating and/or delivering sales presentations and serving as our global expert during sales calls and meetings.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
By 2 months… you are managing the day-to-day operations of the affiliate program in a hands-on manner, including managing affiliate applications, responding to affiliate inquiries and issues, drafting newsletters, monitoring fraud, recruitment list building, and deployment of creative assets. You have formed strong relationships with key client contacts and are the main point of contact for clients’ account questions. You are able to respond in real time to challenging client situations and follow up with guidance from the Associate Director. You and your team regularly analyze client data and use it strategically in optimization, activation and recruitment campaigns. You are the key person handling your client accounts effectively and strategically, without dropping any balls, and clients are aware of and pleased with this outcome.
By 1 year… you are taking accountability for the performance and success of all your clients. Account efficiencies have been maximized and excellent communication and strategic plans are in place on all accounts, and recognized as a key to client success. Your clients are being serviced profitably, all deliverables are A calibre, and Net Promoter Scores remain consistent at 8+. You have built a strong foundation with the client leading to expanded AP headcount in the region.
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Demonstrated ability to build scalable, quality oriented processes while maintaining a high level of profit and client satisfaction
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Highly self-motivated, resilient, can work well on his/her own, and does not require constant feedback and oversight
- Polish and professionalism in all situations
- International client service experience required, with business development experience a plus
- Deep experience with different affiliate networks and SaaS platforms
- Experience with other digital marketing channels, including paid search and paid social, a plus
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- History of keeping demanding clients engaged and happy
- Understanding of how to manage and collaborate with distributed team members
- Strong internal motivation to get the job done and done well
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys bringing order to chaos especially in ambiguous situations
- Prioritizes competing objectives appropriately and manages time with skill
- Loves to continually learn and stay ahead of the industry pack
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Minimum 3-5 years of client side or agency side experience with global exposure in digital/online marketing with a minimum 4+ years of affiliate specific experience
- Direct affiliate marketing experience (in-house, agency, network) and knowledge of Affiliate Networks and SaaS platforms, preferably Impact Radius and/or Performance Horizon
- Prior supervisory experience a plus
- Four years of post-secondary study (University)
- Ability to travel internationally when needed to global or US conferences and team meetings; holder of valid passport
- Advanced Excel capabilities and comfort with formatting, formulas, customizing reports, etc.
- Working knowledge of HTML, a plus
- Track record of success and forward progress at all stages of his/her career to date
- Fluency in Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese or Korean
WHY ACCELERATION PARTNERS?
Acceleration Partners is the premier global partner marketing agency. By focusing on Better People, Better Processes and Better Performance, our team sets the standard for how brands efficiently grow and refine their marketing partnerships anywhere in the world.
A trusted agency partner to leading brands, our team of seasoned marketers and industry experts help companies build meaningful, lasting, performance-based relationships with strategic partners.
Acceleration Partners has received several prestigious awards and accolades for both our client services and culture, including “Best Agency” (International Performance Marketing Awards), “Best Workplaces” (Inc.), “Best Places to Work” (Glassdoor), “Most Committed to Work-Life Balance” (Digiday).
Some of our clients include adidas, Hotwire, LinkedIn, Redbubble, Reebok and StubHub.
Acceleration Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.