The Account Director, Global Accounts is a remote, work from home position, as are all
positions at Acceleration Partners (a structure central to our culture and our vision to change
the work/life paradigm).
Some travel is required for client meetings or other internal meetings, conferences, etc.
We are seeking an experienced senior level digital marketing professional with leadership
experience(s) to autonomously manage cross-regional teams for our global affiliate
marketing practice, serving as a high-level client facing liaison, often acting as a point of
escalation for the AP and client teams. This person will be responsible for ensuring a high
level of client service by coaching and developing direct reports on client service and
communication best practices, account strategy and execution, reporting and analytics, and
publisher development. Another key focus will be ensuring team synergies and alignment,
constantly looking for areas to improve processes and establish best practices.
At Acceleration Partners, we have three core values that we apply to everything we do: Own
It, Embrace Relationships, and Excel & Improve. The ideal candidate will have a track record
that aligns to all of these values. This person will have a history of owning it, having met and
exceeded performance expectations by overcoming obstacles and turning them into
opportunities. This person will have a demonstrated track record of embracing relationships
leveraging communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships based on trust and
genuine partnership. And this person will have demonstrated the desire to excel & improve
by constantly looking for areas of improvements and innovating the approach to create
efficiencies and maximize effectiveness.
TOP 5 JOB RESPONSIBILITIES FOR ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR:
1. LEAD MANAGE AND HOLD YOUR TEAM ACCOUNTABLE – Oversees their
account team, managing and leading team members and supervising high-level
account activities. Assists in hiring and successfully develops their team through
mentoring, coaching, identify training needs and providing proactive and timely
feedback. Success of developing teams is proven through a track record of growing
team capabilities, elevating teams and motivating A players.
2. SUPERIOR CLIENT SERVICE, COMMUNICATION, SATISFACTION - Builds
strong relationships with client contacts and establishes and strengthens relationships
at multiple levels within the client’s organization, including C-level contacts (CEO,
CMO, VP of Marketing, etc.). Provides superior client service, acts as a point of
contact, managing 95% of client escalations and escalates issues as appropriate.
Works with teams to ensure client develops trust in our team by overseeing client
outputs and communication are delivered in the AP way which is reflected in a net
promoter score of 8+.
3. RESOURCE ALLOCATION AND PROFITABILITY - Assist with managing
monthly utilization rate, assist with staffing plans and resources for sales pipeline.
Ensures accounts are profitable, within scope and works with the team to adjust
scopes and finds new opportunities to increase portfolio revenue which is reflected in
very high retention rates.
4. STRATEGY, EXECUTION AND PERFORMANCE - Has the ability to see the big
picture by thinking conceptually, imaginatively, and systematically. Provide highlevel strategic guidance and partnership to teams to ensure program goals are met
and program risk areas are mitigated proactively. Works with the team to innovate
new strategy, tactics and efficiencies so client’s objective are met and ensure client
5. GLOBAL ALIGNMENT AND INTERNAL RESPONSIBILITIES - Works closely
with regional program managers and team leaders to share global learnings and build
global processes. Monitors alignment across regions to effectively and efficiently
grow the affiliate program on a global scale and ensures team is across shared
program learnings. Collaborate with other departments, including Marketing, Sales,
and Operations to address customers’ needs and scale the business to meet long
term company goals. Ensure proper information sharing with team by disseminating
information in a timely manner and keeping the voice of AP. Leads process
improvements, encourages efficiency, works to build value for the organization by 3
proactively identifying and mitigating potential risks to the business. Flags and
escalates key risks as needed up the chain.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
BY 6 MONTHS… the Account Director, Global Accounts is overseeing day-to-day
operations of multiple affiliate programs across multiple regions with little guidance from
their Manager. They have formed strong relationships with key client contacts and are
recognized by the client as a leader and point of escalation. Nuanced and challenging client
situations are being managed with little guidance from Director. They effectively coach team
to get required results without stepping in to do it for them by providing on-going feedback,
both positive and constructive. Has demonstrated sound decision making and problemsolving skills and knows what flags and when to escalate to Director. Clients are being
serviced profitably with target bill rates being met, and client Net Promoter Scores are 8+.
BY 1 YEAR… the Account Director, Global Accounts is autonomously taking full
accountability for the performance and success of their programs and regional
responsibilities. Team and account efficiency has been maximized, and excellent strategic
plans and communication is in place on all programs and with their team contributors, and
they are recognized as a key to client success. Clients are being serviced profitably, all
deliverables are A caliber, and Client Satisfaction Scores remain consistent at 8+.
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
• Has strong internal motivation to get the job done and done well, with no room for
• Only provides superior results for clients and unsurpassed customer service
• Recognizes the importance of being engaged in their work and keeping clients
engaged as well
• Possesses mature and measured judgment, and the ability to solve problems on their
• Has incredible attention to detail and is capable of multi-tasking and coordinating
several projects at once
• Possesses superior written and verbal communication skills
• Displays accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments
• Leads by example and knows how to collaborate and motivate team members in a
• Has confidence, poise, and eloquence in client meetings and difficult situations4
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys bringing order to chaos and sets the
tone for the team
• Prioritizes competing objectives and manages time with skill and coaches the team to
do the same
• Works independently with minimal supervision
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• 8+ years of online marketing, e-commerce, or affiliate marketing experience required
• General understanding of affiliate marketing experience required (direct or indirect
channel exposure at agency or inhouse)
• Proven leadership track record with experience interviewing, hiring, developing,
coaching, and performance management of direct reports.
• Knowledge of general affiliate tracking methodologies via platform partners (Impact,
Partnerize, Awin, CJ etc.) required
• Ability to travel up to 25%, including to international locations
• Advanced Excel capabilities and comfortable with formatting, formulas, customizing
WHY ACCELERATION PARTNERS?
Acceleration Partners is the premier global partner marketing agency. By focusing on Better People, Better Processes and Better Performance, our team sets the standard for how brands efficiently grow and refine their marketing partnerships anywhere in the world.
A trusted agency partner to leading brands, our team of seasoned marketers and industry experts help companies build meaningful, lasting, performance-based relationships with strategic partners.
Acceleration Partners has received several prestigious awards and accolades for both our client services and culture, including “Best Agency” (International Performance Marketing Awards), “Best Workplaces” (Inc.), “Best Places to Work” (Glassdoor), “Most Committed to Work-Life Balance” (Digiday).
Some of our clients include adidas, Hotwire, LinkedIn, Redbubble, Reebok and StubHub
Acceleration Partners is committed to having a diverse and inclusive culture. We would particularly welcome applications from black, Asian and other ethnic minority backgrounds, LGBTQ candidates, and candidates with a disability or who are neurodivergent.