Acceleration Partners seeks an experienced Publisher Development Manager who is responsible for supporting client growth by creating and optimizing relationships with key partners.
TOP 5 JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- PUBLISHER MANGEMENT – Creates best in class relationships with publishers and builds a trusted network of partners. Manages the centralized communication with publishers, including regular check-ins via emails and calls. Identifies new partnership opportunities and areas of optimization to drive revenue growth; facilitates relationships between publishers and clients.
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT – Identifies new, high-quality partnerships and recruits publishers to join AP programs; demonstrates the value of performance marketing for new to affiliate and novice partners. Provides support to partners through education about AP and our brands. Facilitates introductions on behalf of publishers to account teams.
- THE AP PUBLISHER BRAND – Builds trust with partners and is their advocate with account teams and clients. Proactively works with publishers about ways to grow their partnerships and collaborates on initiatives that provide value to AP clients and the publisher. Strategizes with new and existing publishers to activate partnerships and maximize sales.
- INTERNAL SUPPORT – Provides publisher support to new and existing clients, including new partnership and optimization recommendations. Effectively communicates with team members through email, Slack and on calls; provides the necessary details and information teams need to take next steps on recommendations; conveys messages in a clear manner.
- PUBLISHER PITCHING – Follows process to pitch new partnerships; provides the details necessary for the account team/advertiser to make a decision; shares the value a publisher will bring to their client via the pitch. Is a knowledgeable resource for managed verticals and owned relationships. Can push back and overcome objections; can readily provide suggestions or alternatives based on thorough knowledge of the publisher and overall portfolio.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
By 6 months: The Publisher Development Manager has developed strong relationships with the team as well as key publishers. They have developed or refined methodology to successfully identify and create publisher opportunities and sell them internally and to clients. They are consistently vetting publisher opportunities and have a firm grasp on team KPIs and what is needed for success.
By 1 year: The Publisher Development Manager is regularly identifying, pitching, and seeing through opportunities that genuinely move the needle for clients. They are collaborating with publishers and the team to develop new ways to increase activity and grow revenue. They are well-versed in AP clients and nuances of their programs and are experts in their owned publisher relationships.
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Is a natural matchmaker and passionate about creating opportunities for people and partners
- Has a proven track record of developing and making pitches for new business
- Has strong aptitude for identifying digital strategies based on publisher business models
- Is a self-starter and will go after different opportunities, big and small
- Quickly develops new relationships
- Enjoys the challenge of reaching and exceeding revenue goals
- Knows how to collaborate with team members in a remote environment and is comfortable working independently with minimal supervision
- Can keep deadlines and commitments and is accountable to your work
- Only provides superior results for your team, and ultimately, your clients
- Has confidence, poise, and eloquence in difficult situations
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys bringing order to chaos
- Possesses mature and measured judgment, and the ability to solve problems on your own
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in affiliate marketing; experience with cultivating relationships with publishers preferred
- Strong track record of building relationships with publishers and retailers in several verticals
- Extensive knowledge of the affiliate marketing landscape
- Proven excellence in exceeding revenue goals
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of affiliate networks and SaaS platforms (ShareASale, Awin, Impact, etc.)
- Experience with other digital marketing channels, sales, and/or business development experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to travel up to 20%
WHY ACCELERATION PARTNERS?
Acceleration Partners is the premier global partner marketing agency. By focusing on Better People, Better Processes and Better Performance, our team sets the standard for how brands efficiently grow and refine their marketing partnerships anywhere in the world.
A trusted agency partner to leading brands, our team of seasoned marketers and industry experts help companies build meaningful, lasting, performance-based relationships with strategic partners.
Acceleration Partners has received several prestigious awards and accolades for both our client services and culture, including “Best Agency” (International Performance Marketing Awards), “Best Workplaces” (Inc.), “Best Places to Work” (Glassdoor), “Most Committed to Work-Life Balance” (Digiday).
Some of our clients include adidas, Hotwire, LinkedIn, Redbubble, Reebok and StubHub.
Acceleration Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.