The Business Development Manager role is a remote, work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners (a structure that is central to our culture and our vision to change the work/life paradigm). Ideal candidates will reside within reasonable driving distance of London. Some travel is required, for internal meetings, conferences, etc. Candidates must hold a valid passport and be able to travel internationally.
Acceleration Partners launched their EMEA office in August 2017, since then we have been growing at a rapid pace, expanding our existing Clients into EMEA and bringing on new account managed Clients and projects. As we look forward to the next 5-years we have the need for an exceptional Business Development Manager to support the growth in the UK and European market.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is the main point of contract for all potential new business clients. The BDM develops sales in the EMEA region and responds to RFPs and tenders. Within this role a key aspect will be to ensure our values, culture and high standards are maintained throughout the business development process.
We have some high expectations of growth and objectives which the Business Development Manager will play a key part in delivering successfully. The Business Development Manager will report into the Managing Director of the EMEA region.
TOP 5 JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- New business development Build, manage and execute a new business pipeline. Focusing on key enterprise targets in the UK and Europe. Putting in place a strategic communications and nurture process to drive new business wins. Contact potential clients, establishing rapport and arranging meetings.
- Coaching and development: Be able to coach and develop key members of the team to support in the new business function, from business insights, forecasting and pitching. Attend conferences, meetings and industry events.
- Responding to RFPs / tenders, delivering exceptional proposals: Manage all incoming new business enquiries, including RFPs and tenders for the EMEA business and supporting on global business where required. Deliver exceptional proposals and pitches.
- Better partner marketing: Make us better. Always be looking at ways in which we can add more value to or Clients by running their programmes more efficiently and creating more revenue opportunities. Have an attitude of “can do” and are prepared to test and try new ideas, be creative and not afraid to fail.
- Help refine our sales proposition: Continue to develop and refine our sales proposition and meet changing client demands. Be able to adapt to different circumstances and needs. Work closely with the Senior Marketing Manager to deliver marketing initiatives that help drive new business acquisition.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
By six months: The Business Development Manager has built a strong sales pipeline of enterprise business in the UK and Europe and is delivering at least 2-pitches / meetings per month.
At the end of year one: Signed new Clients for the EMEA business and achieving set targets and objectives, has a strong pipeline and is building good and strong relationships with key industry clients and businesses.
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Demonstrated ability to build, manage and execute a sales process
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit
- Demonstrates polish and professionalism in all situations
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the affiliate industry and its key players
- Possesses excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- Knows how to manage and collaborate with remote employees
- Has strong internal motivation to get the job done and done well
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys bringing order to chaos
- Is self-motivated, resilient, can work well on his/her own, and does not require constant feedback and oversight
- Is incredibly attentive to detail
- Prioritises competing objectives and manages time with skill
- Loves to continually learn and stay ahead of the industry pack
- Data driven – loves to work towards KPI’s
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- 5+ years of experience in affiliate marketing roles
- Demonstrated experience in winning enterprise clients
- The ability to coach remote teams, and develop people to be the best they can be
- Has demonstrated success and forward progress at all stages of his/her career
- Strong organisational skills
- Holds a valid passport and has ability to travel internationally as required
- Demonstrated expertise in your area and the desire to improve and be the best
Acceleration Partners is the premier global partner marketing agency. By focusing on Better People, Better Processes and Better Performance, our team sets the standard for how brands efficiently grow and refine their marketing partnerships anywhere in the world.
A trusted agency partner to leading brands, our team of seasoned marketers and industry experts help companies build meaningful, lasting, performance-based relationships with strategic partners.
Acceleration Partners has received several prestigious awards and accolades for both our client services and culture, including “Best Agency” (International Performance Marketing Awards), “Best Workplaces” (Inc.), “Best Places to Work” (Glassdoor), “Most Committed to Work-Life Balance” (Digiday).
Some of our clients include adidas, Brandless, Hotwire, LinkedIn, Redbubble, Reebok and StubHub