We are in search of a qualified and resourceful HR Specialist to support our HR department in ensuring smooth and efficient business operations. Reporting to the Senior Human Resources Manager, the HR Specialist will have both administrative and strategic responsibilities, helping us to plan and administer important functions such as staffing, onboarding, offboarding, performance management, compensation and benefits. At Acceleration Partners we understand that our business thrives when our people thrive, and that starts by hiring the right HR professionals. This is a new role that has been created due to the increase in demand and complexities that have been added in our growing global business.
At Acceleration Partners, we have three core values that we apply to everything we do: Own It, Embrace Relationships, and Excel & Improve. The ideal candidate will have at least three years of HR or People Operations work experience aligns to all of these values. This person will have a history of owning it, assuming personal responsibility for all projects she/he participates in, making sure we are providing the best resources and support for all of our team members. She/he will also have a history of embracing relationships within a firm and across all levels. And, this person will have demonstrated the desire to Excel & Improve by consistently evaluating refinements to the HR process showing a passion for continued learning and improvement.
The HR Specialist will be the front-line support for all HR-related duties on a professional level and supporting all of our 180+ employees around the world. Our internal standards of excellence are high and this role will carry a wide variety of responsibilities in Benefits Administration, Employee Relations, Performance Management, Onboarding, Policy Implementation, Employment Law Compliance, Compensation Practices, Employee Communications, HRIS administration, and other related responsibilities. This role will require the ability to manage multiple stakeholders and influencers while working autonomously.
Top 5 Job Responsibilities:
1. General Administration and Support – Maintain integrity of HRIS records and compile reports as needed. Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leave, benefits, and resolve any issues that may arise. Maintain compliance with electronic employee files. Miscellaneous other HR administration including but not limited to; employment verifications, I-9 processing, information change approvals, and maintaining the global holiday calendar.
2. Benefits, Compensation and Leave Administration –Working closely with the Senior HR Manager, global entities and PEO providers, perform benefit administration duties and communicate benefit information to our employees. Maintain global benefit overview documents and summaries. Support the administration of our compensation program.
3. Policy Compliance and Global Employment Law – Support the Senior HR Manager with the preparation, maintenance, and implementation of global employee policies and policy manuals. Maintain and ensure compliance with local, state, and national labor law regulations. Maintain knowledge and be a champion of employment law in all of our global locations.
4. Onboarding and Offboarding – Administer the employee onboarding process ensuring a smooth transition from the recruiting team as a new employee and securing employee needs. Handle offboarding processes including preparing notices and other paperwork, and facilitating the administrative process.
5. Culture and Employee Engagement – Working with the Senior HR Manager to lead AP’s Culture Club, encouraging employee participation and setting guidelines for various Hub and Company activities and events. Support the Senior HR Manager in delivering employee communications and messages as needed to keep employees engaged and connected with the business. Administer and monitor our feedback platform along with our Senior HR Manager and VP, Talent and Culture. Logistical support for various culture initiatives and internal meetings.
You are great for this role if you:
- Have a strong internal motivation to get the job done and with a high bar for excellence and resilience in difficult situations.
- Have confidence, poise, and eloquence when speaking to an audience or with executives
- Enjoy thinking strategically and bringing creative solutions to problems
- Possess mature and measured judgment, and the ability to solve problems on your own
- Have superior organization and time management skills, and are capable of coordinating/prioritizing several projects at once Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and have a consistent attention to detail
- Display accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments
- Know how to collaborate with team members in a remote environment while also working independently with minimal supervision.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy bringing order to chaos
- Can adapt and shift readily and quickly to changing situations
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- 3+ years of human resources and/or people operations experience required
- Formal education in human resources or a related field required; certifications a plus
- General knowledge of employment laws, HR best practices and personnel and compliance records management
- Experience with HRMS/HRIS systems, knowledge of BambooHR and ADP a plus
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office. Must be able to comfortably format and analyze spreadsheets as well as create basic PowerPoint presentations for training
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
- Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude with the ability to learn quickly
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree required in human resources, business administration, or a related field
What Success Looks Like:
First Three Months: You have fully ramped up full day-to-day ownership of the routine tasks that are assigned to you. Our onboarding and offboarding processes are being maintained with little oversight from Senior HR Manager. You have begun to develop positive relationships and trust with the key stakeholders you interact with on a daily basis. You have taken a level of ownership that has allowed our Senior HR Manager to become 75%+ removed from administrative support and are providing a high level of excellence on directly assigned tasks and when answering employee questions. You are starting to manage employee situations with guidance from Senior HR Manager.
First Six Months: You are independently executing the day-to-day operations of our HR function. You have formed solid relationships with internal stakeholders and are the main point of contact for employee questions. Our global policies and handbooks are all up to date and being regularly maintained for accuracy. You are managing general employee questions and situations with guidance from Senior HR Manager.
First Twelve Months: You have mastered the art of keeping all of your processes running smoothly with timely updates. You are improving the day-to-day operations of our global HR function by streamlining and creating new processes and bringing in more global efficiency. You are regularly coordinating with regional stakeholders to proactively provide support for employees. You are seen as a trusted HR professional and employees turn to you for day-to-day matters concerning benefits, culture and other HR topics. General employee questions and situations are being managed with little guidance from Senior HR Manager.
The HR Specialist is a work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners. This structure is central to our culture and our vision to change the work/life paradigm. While preference will be given to candidates living in the Greater Boston Area, ideal candidates must reside within a reasonable driving distance of one of our key hub regions: Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, Chicago, Denver or LA/Santa Barbara.
Some travel is required for internal meetings, conferences, etc.
Acceleration Partners is the premier global partner marketing agency. By focusing on Better People, Better Processes and Better Performance, our team sets the standard for how brands efficiently grow and refine their marketing partnerships anywhere in the world.
A trusted agency partner to leading brands, our team of seasoned marketers and industry experts help companies build meaningful, lasting, performance-based relationships with strategic partners.
Acceleration Partners has received several prestigious awards and accolades for both our client services and culture, including “Best Agency” (International Performance Marketing Awards), “Best Workplaces” (Inc.), “Best Places to Work” (Glassdoor), “Most Committed to Work-Life Balance” (Digiday).
Some of our clients include adidas, Brandless, Hotwire, LinkedIn, Redbubble, Reebok and StubHub
Acceleration Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.