The HR Assistant / Executive Assistant is a work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners. This structure is central to our culture and our vision to change the work/life paradigm. While preference will be given to candidates living in the Greater Boston Area, ideal candidates must reside within a reasonable driving distance of one of our key hub regions: Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, Chicago, Denver or LA/Santa Barbara.
Some travel is required for internal meetings, conferences, etc.
The HR Assistant / Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to our VP, Talent and Culture, who oversees our global people operations in Talent Acquisition, Training, Human Resources, and Culture. The Assistant will be accountable for effective execution of core administrative processes for our VP, Talent and Culture, including calendar management, employee experience, meeting/event logistics, and various administrative HR tasks. This role will require an ability to juggle multiple work streams with competing priorities, a high level of attention to detail, and a cheerful, energetic, and professional voice within and outside the firm, on email as well as orally. Things change rapidly in a high growth company and this is an exciting role for someone with a passion for organization who wants to gain experience in a fast-paced agency environment and exposure to many facets of people operations.
At Acceleration Partners, we have three core values that we apply to everything we do: Own It, Embrace Relationships, and Excel & Improve. The ideal candidate will have at least two years of work experience that aligns to all of these values. This person will have a history of owning it, assuming personal responsibility for the success of all projects she/he participates in, and proactivity in problem-solving and moving processes forward. She/he will also have a history of embracing relationships; working well with multiple supervisors within a firm and projecting a warm and vibrant face of the firm externally. And this person will have demonstrated the desire to Excel & Improve by seeking and acting on feedback.
Your Top 5 Job Responsibilities:
- Calendar Support: Coordinate schedules, meetings, and travel for the VP, Talent & Culture. Communicate with internal and external parties as needed in a polished, professional manner, supporting the development of strong relationships while scheduling and/or moving meetings.
- General Administrative Support: Support as needed with various tasks such as maintaining lists/databases, expense reconciliation, ordering supplies, pulling reports, etc.
- HR Administrative Duties: Support as needed with tasks such as employee notifications, filing and document organization, supporting the maintenance of HR tools and platforms, etc.
- Employee Experience: Support as needed with logistical support and tasks related to onboarding, offboarding and culture initiatives and meetings/events. Assist in answering employee questions in a helpful and timely manner.
- Event and Content Planning: Work with VP, Talent and Culture and other stakeholders to coordinate team meetings. Support event planning and content organization as needed, including hub meetings, AP Summit, and various Training meetings.
Qualities of the Ideal Candidate:
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, high performing environment and bringing order to chaos
- Truly enjoy supporting another person’s needs
- Have superior organization and time management skills, and are capable of coordinating/prioritizing several projects at once
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have a consistent attention to detail
- Are a natural relationship builder, able to build trust and rapport quickly
- Have a strong internal motivation to get the job done, with a high bar for excellence
- Display accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments
- Independent thinker, like to figure things out and able to use good judgement to make decisions
- People have often described you as someone that, “just gets it”
- Know how to collaborate with team members in a remote environment while also working independently with minimal supervision
- Value the opportunity to be involved in high-level discussions and planning as it relates to people operations and desire a career in the field of HR or People Operations.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- 2+ years in Administrative/Executive Assistant capacity in a business setting
- High level of personal integrity and standards, and proven ability to manage confidential information
- Professional and customer focused – maintain a customer focused, friendly, and professional disposition at all times
- High level of emotional intelligence and natural relationship builder
- Superior communication and organization skills
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Microsoft Office experience, specifically Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint knowledge required
- Calendar management experience
- Event/Meeting Planning experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Preference given to candidates located in the Greater Boston Area
What Success Looks Like:
By Three Months: You have ramped up to full day-to-day ownership of the routine tasks that are assigned to you, integrated with the VP, Talent and Culture, and managing 75%+ of calendar logistics and knowing when to ask for help with the occasional surprise and unusual request. You are able to independently and successfully communicate with key stakeholders, internally and externally, on behalf of the VP, Talent and Culture. You have taken a level of ownership that has allowed our VP, Talent and Culture to become 75%+ removed from administrative tasks and are providing support with a high level of excellence on directly assigned tasks. You have begun to develop positive relationships and trust with the key stakeholders you interact with on a daily basis.
First Six Months: You have a full understanding of the VP, Talent and Culture’s preferences, commitments, and needs, and the best ways to support her administratively. You have developed the processes necessary to be able to work independently and make judgment calls where required that align with the VP Talent and Culture’s preferred approach. You are supporting and adding value on all projects and tasks you have been assigned to and taken a level of ownership that opened up capacity for others as you have taken over these tasks in full. You have solidified positive relationships and trust with the key stakeholders you interact with on a daily basis, having their full confidence in your ability to execute your responsibilities.
First Twelve Months: You have mastered the art of keeping all of your processes running smoothly with timely updates. You are a role model for representing the AP brand. Employees turn to you for day-to-day matters regarding onboarding, logistics, and HR. You have suggested a number of improvements to the processes you manage, and you enjoy learning more about HR and people operations via the various tasks that support the group.
Why Acceleration Partners?
Acceleration Partners is the premier global partner marketing agency. By focusing on Better People, Better Processes and Better Performance, our team sets the standard for how brands efficiently grow and refine their marketing partnerships anywhere in the world.
A trusted agency partner to leading brands, our team of seasoned marketers and industry experts help companies build meaningful, lasting, performance-based relationships with strategic partners.
Acceleration Partners has received several prestigious awards and accolades for both our client services and culture, including “Best Agency” (International Performance Marketing Awards), “Best Workplaces” (Inc.), “Best Places to Work” (Glassdoor), “Most Committed to Work-Life Balance” (Digiday).
Some of our clients include adidas, Brandless, Hotwire, LinkedIn, Redbubble, Reebok and StubHub.
Acceleration Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.