Equity is at the heart of A—B, from the clients we partner with and vendors we engage, to the team we’re building. We are committed to creating opportunities for the diverse community of talented, creative professionals who have been systematically denied opportunities across the professional communications industry. Women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, people of any religion or nationality and people are strongly encouraged to apply. Opportunities for advancement exist, and A—B is committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
The Reason You’ll Love This Work:
This role will be a member of our Strategy Team. A successful candidate will have to be a self-starter with a passion for creative thinking while being comfortable in an agile yet highly collaborative agency environment. This position reports to a Director of Strategy.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Collaborate on existing projects, while contributing to the building of new strategic products
- Assist in the development of high quality decks that detail the stories we are working to tell in a creative way
- Deliver quality memos and creative briefs that concisely communicate and onboard our work to internal teams
- Actively pitch findings, ideas, and analysis to the strategy team to move forward existing projects
- Lead on conducting qualitative research by tracking existing press coverage and utilizing social listening platforms to glean new insights
- Take comprehensive notes and document feedback in team meetings with clear next steps
- Draft and edit copy for decks, scripts, social copy, newsletters, and media materials
- Provide support to the creative team in analyzing and summarizing results of creative campaigns
- Proactively identify resources needed in order to accomplish project goals
You’ll Find Success In This Role By Having:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in journalism, media production, political science, communications or related fields
- Passion for creative design, culture, and social justice
- Attention to detail, excellent organizing and time-management skills
- Ability to be flexible, work collaboratively on diverse teams, and find creative solutions to problems
- Strategic and creative thinking, with an orientation to approach projects beyond the task level
- Excited about taking initiative on projects and driving a point of view
- Job type: 40 hours per week
- Internship Term: January-April 2023 with possibility of extension
- Operating hours: Monday-Friday roughly 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. E.T.
- Compensation: $20/hour + college credit available if needed
- Housing and travel accommodations: No
- Location: Remote, with colleagues primarily on the East Coast
- Outstanding communication skills. Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. Much of our work depends on responsiveness, timely communication, and clearly detailing the next steps with our partners while speaking clearly, and concisely.
- Goal-oriented. Our work entails a combination of entrepreneurial creativity and straightforward execution. To maintain continual progress, we collaboratively set and check weekly goals.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to working in diverse teams and to creating an equitable and just world for Black and Brown people
Founded in 2018, A–B is redesigning the commercial creative agency with a new mission for a new moment. Black-owned and led by a multiracial and multi-gendered team, we are leading the transition to a new standard of equity—from a culture of injustice to a culture worth living in. Through our original practice of Identity-Powered Design™, A—B develops breakthrough research, insights, creative and campaigns with a singular goal: To put the solutions to our greatest problems within reach, by helping leaders in every sector transform how power works and who it works for.