A—B is a digital storytelling studio based in NYC creating new narratives about people, power, and social change to transform our politics and the economy. Our team is racially and gender diverse at every level, from entry-level to ownership; we are bringing the best-in-class creative strategies usually reserved for the private sector side by side with deep experience in social movements and ventures; and we are building a team that can help a new generation of leaders win the debate on their terms.
About the role:
As a Senior Analyst, you will drive the execution of critical research activities across a range of client projects. Reporting to one of our Research Directors, and collaborating closely with a team of Analysts and Junior Analysts, your primary responsibilities will be analyzing and interpreting data, project management, supervising more junior staff on project work, and crafting reports to clients or internal stakeholders.
You are a passionate researcher who is comfortable with the ambiguity of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. You are excited by the opportunity to use your curiosity and skills to make a positive, tangible impact.
- Lead planning and execution of research activities across a diverse range of client projects, including experimental, survey, or qualitative studies (e.g. focus groups, interviews, and ethnographic studies).
- Translate research findings into insights and strategic recommendations with client goals in mind.
- Assist with the preparation of internal and client-facing reports and presentations.
- May take a role in client communications and report presentations.
- Supervise junior analyst(s) and analysts.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other departments (e.g. Strategy, Client Experience, Growth teams.)
Qualifications & Qualities:
- Graduate degree in an analytical field that emphasizes quantitative and qualitative analysis and data-driven reporting or 3+ years of equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in the design, deployment, and analysis of survey instruments, A/B testing (i.e. experiments), qualitative investigation, or user research in any of the following areas: social science, marketing, politics, advocacy, government, consulting, or public service
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong understanding of survey methodology and at least basic knowledge of qualitative methods. Any understanding or familiarity with the following is a plus: experiments, psychometrics, causal inference, latent class analysis, or focus groups.
- Ability to interpret and/or conduct typical inferential statistical analyses in social science (regression, t-tests, ANOVAs, and correlations) is a huge plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office or Google Suite (Docs, Slides, etc.).
- Excellent data story-telling skills and talent for crafting impactful, compelling presentations or strategic memos. In-depth knowledge of the political dynamics of marginalized populations in the U.S.
Stay healthy and happy through our comprehensive benefits package with fully covered options available
- Invest in your future by participating in our 401(k) program
- Make time for yourself through our unlimited Discretionary Time Off policy and generous holiday calendar
- Grow your family and take part in 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Level up your workspace and have us take care of your at-home work setup
- Work more efficiently by taking advantage of our cell phone stipend
- Outstanding communication skills. Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are needed. Much of our work depends on responsiveness, timely communication, and detailing the next steps with our partners with clarity and concision.
- Goal-oriented. Our work entails a combination of entrepreneurial creativity and straightforward execution. To maintain continual progress, we collaboratively set and check weekly goals.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to working in diverse teams and committed to creating an equitable and just world for Black and Brown people.
Equity is at the heart of A–B. From the clients we partner with and vendors we engage, to the team we’re building, we are committed to creating opportunities for the diverse community of talented, creative professionals who have been systematically denied opportunities across the professional communications industry. Women, people of color, LGBTI people, people of any religion or nationality and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Opportunities for advancement exist, and A/B is committed to helping all staff develop and grow.