The Reason You’ll Love This Work:
This role will be a member of our Experience Team and report into the Head of Experience. The Experience team creates tailored experiences that leverages the many sides of A–B to build powerful public campaigns, new brand and narrative strategies and even stand up new ventures.
The Account Manager will build the best possible experiences for our clients. They will be experts in client communications and get their energy from building strong relationships with a broad diversity of senior leaders across the sector. Their job will be to fully internalize client dynamics and arm Partners, Directors and other staff with the context they need to succeed. They should have a strong point of view on the tools needed to show up powerfully in client-facing environments. They will serve as the client voice within the company and proactive advocate for their interests in the ongoing execution of our work.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Entrepreneurial Account Managers to drive successful relationships with a large portfolio of clients
- Serve as a key contact with clients for both proactive and reactive needs
- Oversee deliverables, budgets, and lead client status calls and internal project meetings
- Ensure frequent, continuous, and effective communications with team members and stakeholders to set expectations and negotiate priorities appropriately
- Define, oversee, and maintain a master timeline for projects in motion utilizing project management software
- Ability to work quickly and manage projects and announcements, often with little notice and limited supervision
- Stay ahead of and proactively identify industry, media, and government trends to help clients
- Speak knowledgeably about the general landscape that our clients operate in, from what competitors are doing to how they can best show up in macro/global conversations
- Responsible for the design of client experiences that are grounded in, and directly mapped to, client requirements and project needs
- Assist in creating and disseminating new insights, techniques and methods related to client experience to enhance Partner and Directors’ collective skillsets
You’ll Find Success In This Role By Having:
- 3+ years of experience in client management, account services and/or business development
- Proven success in managing executive-level relationships with clients or partners
- Demonstrated track record working in a rigorous, results-driven role that directly impacted the growth of a business
- Empathetic and persuasive; a strong mix of emotional intelligence and business savvy
- Established relationships in the social impact, non profit and progressive movement sectors highly desirable
- Excellent communication, organization and team interaction skills, and experience working in a consulting environment
- Passion for building and nurturing relationships
- Outstanding communication skills. Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are needed. Much of our work depends on responsiveness, timely communication, and detailing the next steps with internal teams in a clear and concise manner.
- Goal-oriented. Our work entails a combination of entrepreneurial creativity and straightforward execution. To maintain continual progress, we collaboratively set and check weekly goals.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to working in diverse teams and committed to creating an equitable and just world for Black and Brown people.
The salary range for this role starts at $70,000-$90,000 annually, as well as a bonus structure for business development, and will be commensurate with experience.
Equity is at the heart of A—B. From the clients we partner with and vendors we engage, to the team we’re building, we are committed to creating opportunities for the diverse community of talented, creative professionals who have been systematically denied opportunities across the professional communications industry. Women, people of color, LGBTI people, people of any religion or nationality and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Opportunities for advancement exist, and A/B is committed to helping all staff develop and grow.