The Reason You’ll Love This Work:
The Campaign Strategist is a driving force behind the game changing narrative campaigns designed at A–B Partners. A leader with an entrepreneurial mindset, the successful candidate will support strategic projects from beginning to end. This role is perfect for someone who dreams in culture and politics, is drawn toward complex problems, and is already thinking deeply about stories, identity and power. The Campaign Strategist proactively consumes media online and believes in the power of digital to shift people’s behavior and values to address enduring and emerging social problems. They will work with an interdisciplinary team of communicators and strategists to deliver work that is consistently creative, strategic and wins real victories.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Work with senior team members to build, test, and launch new online and offline campaigns
- Execute and adjust plans for campaign content, recommending content types and organization based on client needs and goals
- Analyze data and relevant communications channels to provide insight about narrative and campaign strategy
- Conduct online media, influencer and partnership outreach and provide recommendations on how best to leverage opportunities
- Become a trusted advisor with the ability to steer the team towards stronger outcomes and negotiate persuasively to create solutions that address the interests of others
- Effectively manage partnerships with individuals, organizations and corporations
- Where and when possible, anticipate partner needs and pain points, so we can continue to build the program in a way that’s maximally helpful, additive and irresistible to our growing coalition of State based and national partners.
You’ll Find Success In This Role By Having:
- 3-5 years of strategic experience in a campaign, creative, digital agency or related environment
- Possess an understanding of core tenets of movement building and political campaigns, including campaign strategy, constituency building, branding, core narrative development and a basic knowledge of key players in the political and philanthropic landscape
- Monitor the latest trends in campaign strategy, including advertising formats, channels and technologies in order to improve campaign performance and provide recommendations on how to best leverage new tools and services
- Possess well developed analytical ability to extract insight from data and plan next steps across multiple mediums
- Display organizational capabilities to track progress, execution and consistency of multi-channel campaigns
- Exhibit solid communication skills in order to effectively present strategic and tactical plans to internal teams
- Experience running campaigns that emphasize experimentation and scaling of success to achieve measurable impact
- A history of working in partnership to cultivate relationships at large advocacy organizations and local community based organizations
- Background in political advocacy, organizing, digital marketing, public policy, or related field
- Commitment to the belief that democracy, racial justice and climate equity are inextricable
The salary range for this role starts at $85,000-$95,000 annually, as well as a bonus structure for business development, and will be commensurate with experience.
- Outstanding communication skills. Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are needed. Much of our work depends on responsiveness, timely communication, and detailing the next steps with our partners with clarity and concision.
- Goal-oriented. Our work entails a combination of entrepreneurial creativity and straightforward execution. To maintain continual progress, we collaboratively set and check weekly goals.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to working in diverse teams and committed to creating an equitable and just world for Black and Brown people.
Equity is at the heart of A/B. From the clients we partner with and vendors we engage, to the team we’re building, we are committed to creating opportunities for the diverse community of talented, creative professionals who have been systematically denied opportunities across the professional communications industry. Women, people of color, LGBTI people, people of any religion or nationality and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Opportunities for advancement exist, and A/B is committed to helping all staff develop and grow.