Equity is at the heart of A—B, from the clients we partner with and vendors we engage, to the team we’re building. We are committed to creating opportunities for the diverse community of talented, creative professionals who have been systematically denied opportunities across the professional communications industry. Women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, people of any religion or nationality and people are strongly encouraged to apply. Opportunities for advancement exist, and A—B is committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
MEDIA. AND CAMPAIGNS TEAM
A—B is the agency for Identity-Powered Design™. Our breakthrough insights, creative, and campaigns help leaders in every sector transform how power works and who it works for. Black-owned, multiracial and multi-gendered, we bring creativity and courage to help our partners lead the transition from colonialism and color blindness to a new standard of equity. If you’re ready to replace the culture of injustice with a culture worth living in, you’ve found your agency.
In this role, you will:
The Media Associate will be a member of our Media and Campaigns team and report to the Director of Communications. Grounded in research, informed by movement building and driven by creativity, the Media and Campaigns team at A—B brings sector expertise across earned, owned, paid media fields together. Equity is at the heart of the team, reflected in our team of communications leaders who turn insightful and bold campaigns into award-winning strategies that reach, move and inspire at scale.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Media Associate to help manage external and internal communications. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work collaboratively and be self-sufficient in a highly creative environment across all levels of the agency. They will work with an interdisciplinary team of communicators and strategists to deliver work that is consistently creative, strategic and wins real victories.
- Developing drafts for a wide-range of communications strategy materials including memos, training materials, editorial plans, presentation decks, research, outreach lists, and proposals.
- Developing drafts for a wide-range of communications campaign materials including press releases, media advisories, talking points, and opinion editorials.
- Daily media monitoring for related news for clients and relevant issues.
- Providing research and creative input for strategic communications programs.
- Developing messaging and strategic guidance for clients.
- Developing social media copy and creative ideas for owned channels.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2 years of previous internship or work experience in journalism, public relations, political campaign, advocacy organization or a similar field.
- Has a critical analysis for complex issues impacting BIPOC and LGBTQ+ communities.
- Exceptional storytelling skills, including writing and social media copy.
- Knowledge of AP Style and proper application.
- Solid understanding of progressive values and policies and how they intersect with the news.
- Strong writing and verbal communications skills.
- Senior Associate: 4 years of previous internship or work experience in journalism, public relations, political campaign, advocacy organization or a similar field.
- Is comfortable in fast-paced work environments.
- Knowledge of G-Suite, scheduling, and Microsoft Products.
The salary band for this role starts at $65,000 annually, as well as a bonus structure for business development, and will be commensurate with experience.
Founded in 2018, A–B is redesigning the commercial creative agency with a new mission for a new moment. Black-owned and led by a multiracial and multi-gendered team, we are leading the transition to a new standard of equity—from a culture of injustice to a culture worth living in. Through our original practice of Identity-Powered Design™, A—B develops breakthrough research, insights, creative and campaigns with a singular goal: To put the solutions to our greatest problems within reach, by helping leaders in every sector transform how power works and who it works for.
Equity is at the heart of every solution we develop and our Experience Design team starts there to align our clients to a unique and tailored A–B project experience. Our Strategy and Research teams work with our partners to crack the code on strategic challenges and create breakthrough insights that unlock new opportunities for impact. Our full-service Creative Studio brings together the most diverse team of designers and storytellers in the market to turn these insightful strategies into inspiring, best-in-class creative executions. And when the time comes for launch, our Media and Campaigns team delivers that creative, in-line with our client’s strategic objectives, to every channel necessary to maximize impact.