A/B is a digital storytelling studio based in NYC creating new narratives about people, power, and social change to transform our politics and the economy. Our team is racially and gender diverse at every level, from entry level to ownership; we are bringing the best-in-class creative strategies usually reserved for the private sector side by side with deep experience in social movements and ventures; and we are building a team that can help a new generation of leaders win the debate on their terms.
This role will be a member of our Design Lab and report into the Head of Creative. Grounded in research, informed by movement building and driven by creativity, the Design Lab at A/B brings the sector expertise of the A/B Partners to a new practice in campaign design and execution. Equity is at the heart of our full-service Creative Studio, reflected in our team of artists and designers who turn insightful strategies into award-winning creative that reaches, moves and inspires at scale.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Designer to work in concert within the Design Lab to brainstorm, design and execute innovative multi-platform digital and print experiences. The Senior Designer will work closely with the Head of Creative and Creative Director to develop sophisticated brand identities and systems. They will manage a Designer and Associate.
- Create brand voices and copy guidelines to bring brand strategies to life and provide richness and character to design projects
- Write copy against copy guidelines and brand tone of voice for print, digital and social.
- Ensure strong creative output, while reporting in to the Creative Director
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Create structured work that clearly articulates a buildable idea.
- Process information supplied by client/strategy/account services and translate into effective, clear, concise copy.
- Proof creative work to ensure accuracy of information.
- Present work and develop relationships of value and respect with the client.
- Help the agency develop a strong and positive relationship with the design and advertising community to help recruit top talent.
- Stay up to date with new innovations and industry trends.
- Multifaceted background with 5-10+ years agency or in-house experience
- Strong portfolio to demonstrate originality, innovation and a multi-disciplinary thinking through your work, ideally for brands or publications that are internationally recognized
- Strong leadership skills, can organize, motivate and improve the creative output of those around you.
- Ability to mentor and pass on your experience to others through generous and patient mentorship of more junior members of the team.
- You go beyond the executional or tactical tasks and come up with the big idea and campaignable thoughts that work across all media.
- Ability to sell in creative ideas to Creative Directors.
- Versatile writer experienced at writing for different formats, including, print, web, memes and social.
- Team Player mentality with positive, collaborative and a contagious spirit, who works well with others.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, using your initiative and proactively come to the table with new ideas to push forward the creative work and develop the client relationship.
- Production savvy, able to work within time constraints and have experience working with a diverse team of creatives.
- Time Management expert, ability to hit deadlines and be on time for meetings, while juggling multiple projects.
- Contribute to the culture of the agency and take part in activities that foster the agency spirit.
- Experience in culture, lifestyle, branding and communications is a must
- Experience with politics, non-profits is an asset
- Outstanding communication skills. Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are needed. Much of our work depends on responsiveness, timely communication, and detailing the next steps with our partners with clarity and concision.
- Goal-oriented. Our work entails a combination of entrepreneurial creativity and straightforward execution. To maintain continual progress, we collaboratively set and check weekly goals.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to working in diverse teams and committed to creating an equitable and just world for Black and Brown people.
Equity is at the heart of A/B. From the clients we partner with and vendors we engage, to the team we’re building, we are committed to creating opportunities for the diverse community of talented, creative professionals who have been systematically denied opportunities across the professional communications industry. Women, people of color, LGBTI people, people of any religion or nationality and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Opportunities for advancement exist, and A/B is committed to helping all staff develop and grow.