We’re Rentable, a venture-backed, Madison, WI startup on a mission to make apartment hunting effortless. We’re looking for a Director of Talent and People Operations to join our growing team.
This new role will be a key member of the leadership team, contributing to the overall people strategy and building a world-class recruiting function. We are looking for a highly driven individual with a track record of building high-performing, efficient talent teams. You’ll be responsible for owning, managing, and building out our recruiting and onboarding processes.
In addition to owning the recruiting function at Rentable, you’ll also be responsible for taking care of Rentable’s most valuable asset, our Rentable team! Working with members of our PeopleOps team, you’ll design and implement processes and procedures in these core areas: Performance Management, Employee Engagement, Company Culture, DEI, and HR Management.
- Develop and implement the overall Talent Acquisition strategy, which will include managing and building out a team.
- Develop talent metrics to understand and manage the talent pipeline, and to support decisions on sourcing, hiring, and filling positions.
- Ensure talent metrics, including funnel, time to hire, and candidate experience are best in class for the industry.
- Build a diverse pipeline of candidates using creative sourcing channels.
- Train, coach, and continuously develop hiring managers on the selling of the Rentable brand
- Continuously innovate by identifying and embracing market trends, tools, and technologies
- Design and implement foundational people ops programs, including but not limited to performance engagement, compliance-driven processes, programs and trainings, DEI and other programs and initiatives that meet Rentable’s business needs.
- Ensure that company practices comply with all relevant laws
- 8-10+ years of Recruiting and PeopleOps experience in a leadership role
- Experience building out a recruiting team in a VC-backed, high growth company
- Proven success building and managing a full cycle process from leading strategic staffing and recruiting strategy discussions, to executing those strategies, including onboarding of new hires.
- An analytical mindset that uses data to make decisions, particularly in the area of talent acquisition and management.
- An eye for scalable solutions and a passion for technology and automation
- Experience in a high-growth environment; understand (and welcome!) the challenges and opportunities ahead
- Experience rolling out HR initiatives, including new processes and procedures
- You know how to be successful in multiple roles; recruiter, HR manager, culture ambassador, benefits administrator, and employee coach
We’re a passionate, 70-member team that spends most of our time figuring out how to solve the problems renters face when trying to find a new home.
Our passion and dedication has quickly made us one of the fastest growing startups in the state of Wisconsin, with backing from two of the largest Venture Capital firms in the Midwest.
We’re a 100% remote company where meetings, bureaucracy, and hierarchy are abhorred, and building and solving problems are what matter above all else.
Ultimately, what Rentable offers is a dynamic workplace where your work will be vital to helping a venture-backed, rapidly growing startup expand a validated business model to the rest of the country.
PERKS OF WORKING FOR RENTABLE
- 100% remote work environment - you choose where you want to live and work
- Competitive Compensation
- Stock Options
- Full benefits package
- 401k Program
- Open Vacation Policy (you take vacation whenever you want)
- Laid back work environment/schedule
- Fun, Vibrant, Enthusiastic Company Culture