Come build things that people love
At Rentable, our platform influences the way millions of renters find their next home. As our world moves more and more online, renters are being left behind. We are changing that by creating an impeccably simple apartment search experience
Our growing development team is recruiting for a talented engineer to help improve the industry's first lead-qualifying chatbot for Facebook Marketplace as well as several of our other social tools.
You will be responsible for maintaining and growing our product offerings around our social tools and tackle new problems as we continue to push our product forward on a rapid development schedule. Within this position you will have the ability to express your opinions and ideas; directly affecting the product. We’re looking for people with a strong background or intense interest in building successful products; you’re comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; and you’re comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
Why should you join us?
You will be joining an exceptional engineering team that values continuous improvement, automated testing and a culture that puts engineering craft at the center of our being. Rentable values unique perspectives and backgrounds. Building a diverse and inclusive engineering team is important to us, and you should care about this too.
What you’ll be doing:
- Automate ad units through a combination of XML and JSON data formats.
- Write unit and integration tests to ensure highly available services.
- Conduct A/B tests.
- Work on an entire stack that powers a chatbot.
- Build internal reports to measure product success.
- Develop and maintain internal tools for automation.
Nice to have:
- Facebook API Experience.
- You have worked on data ingestion pipelines.
Location: Remote, U.S.
We’re a passionate, 65-member team that spends most of our time figuring out how to solve the problems renters face when trying to find a new home.
Our passion and dedication has quickly made us one of the fastest growing startups in the state of Wisconsin, with backing from two of the largest Venture Capital firms in the Midwest.
We work remotely where meetings, bureaucracy, and hierarchy are abhorred, and building and solving problems are what matter above all else.
Ultimately, what Rentable offers is a dynamic workplace where your work will be vital to helping a venture-backed, rapidly growing startup expand a validated business model to the rest of the country.
Perks of working for Rentable
- All team members are welcome to work remotely
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Stock Options
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k Program
- Open Vacation Policy (you take vacation whenever you want)
- Laid back work environment/schedule
- Casual Dress Code
- Fun, Vibrant, Enthusiastic Company Culture