We’re ABODO.com, a venture-backed, Madison, WI startup on a mission to make apartment hunting effortless.
We’re looking for an ambitious Sales Development Representative to use their sales skills to scale a vital part of our rapidly-growing startup. More precisely, we’re looking for a motivated individual who can leverage their communication skills to drive new business. You’ll report and work directly with an SDR Manager to meet and exceed goals across all active markets.
If you're an SDR who wants to see his or her work make a real difference in the trajectory of our growing company, then you'd be perfect for this position.
As a Sales Development Representative, your primary function is to put our sales team in touch with the right people at the right companies. You'll be responsible for engaging prospective customers and converting these into sales opportunities that will be handed to and closed by an Account Executive.
You’ll have a direct impact on the expansion of our business and be recognized & rewarded for your success. We only hire the best, and you’ll need to convince us that you’re a top level performer.
- Work on the SDR team in tandem with our Account Executives to grow new markets
- Prospect and research new business opportunities with landlords or property managers
- Build a pipeline of consistent and qualified leads for Account Executives
- Engage prospective customers via cold calling and email marketing
- Handle inbound inquiries and assist potential customers during the pre-sales process
- Develop, edit and test phone and email-based marketing campaigns
- 1-2 years of experience in a sales role
- A friendly, likable demeanor and a team-oriented mindset
- Competitive spirit
- Willingness to contact and sell to people you've never met
- Ability to qualify prospective customers and generate leads
- Ability to rapidly learn and apply new strategies for pre-sales outreach
- Salesforce CRM experience a plus
We’re a passionate, 55-member team that spends most of our time figuring out how to solve the problems renters face when trying to find a new home.
Our passion and dedication has quickly made us one of the fastest growing startups in the state of Wisconsin, with backing from two of the largest Venture Capital firms in the Midwest.
We’re currently working remotely due to the pandemic, but prior to COVID we were working in a downtown Madison pet-friendly office where meetings, bureaucracy, and hierarchy are abhorred, and building and solving problems are what matter above all else.
Ultimately, what ABODO offers is a dynamic workplace where your work will be vital to helping a venture-backed, rapidly growing startup expand a validated business model to the rest of the country.
PERKS OF WORKING FOR ABODO
- We are now a remote-first company; SDRs are welcome to work remotely through covid-19 and after
- Competitive Compensation Package (Base Salary + Commission)
- Stock Options
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k Program
- Open Vacation Policy (you take vacation whenever you want)
- Laid back work environment/schedule
- Casual Dress Code
- Fun, Vibrant, Enthusiastic Company Culture