Come build things and make enormous impact.
The apartment hunting process is broken. We believe the path to reinventing the apartment search experience begins with accurate, up-to-date, detailed apartment listings. We’re currently recruiting for a talented team member to be a part of our growing development team.
This role will grow into being the primary owner of all apartment inventory integrations and lead CRMs. You will work closely with our customer success team to ensure the best customer experience as inventory integrations are one of the first steps in onboarding new customers. This role demands a great amount of curiosity, thoroughness and determination. We are relentless in figuring out what matters to our customers and then doing everything in our power to deliver it.
Why should you join us?
You’ll be joining an exceptional engineering team that values continuous improvement, automated testing and a culture that puts engineering craft at the center of our being. Our engineering foundations will allow you to hit the ground running and have impact immediately. ABODO values unique perspectives and backgrounds. Building a diverse and inclusive engineering team is important to us, and you should care about this too.
What you’ll be doing:
- Contribute improvements for ABODO’s integration code base.
- Work on new and existing feeds through a combination of XML and JSON data formats.
- Write unit and integration tests to ensure highly available services.
- Provide estimates for new integrations followed up by well timed execution.
- Investigate existing data feeds to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Assist non-technical co-workers in answering API or integration-related questions.
- Work closely with our customer success team to ensure data accuracy and delivery of leads through APIs.
- Develop and maintain internal tools for automation.
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Enjoy communicating clearly and effectively, both written and verbal. ABODO is a 100% remote team and writing is our primary means of communication.
- You understand web services, including transport (primarily HTTP), common data formats (JSON and XML), and standard API patterns (e.g. REST).
- You can write code in at least one language to gather data from web services and use it for your own purposes.
- You enjoy explaining technical problems and issues succinctly and clearly.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
Nice to have:
- You have created or worked on data ingestion pipelines.
We’re a passionate, 55-member team that spends most of our time figuring out how to solve the problems renters face when trying to find a new home.
Our passion and dedication has quickly made us one of the fastest growing startups in the state of Wisconsin, with backing from two of the largest Venture Capital firms in the Midwest.
We work remotely where meetings, bureaucracy, and hierarchy are abhorred, and building and solving problems are what matter above all else.
Ultimately, what ABODO offers is a dynamic workplace where your work will be vital to helping a venture-backed, rapidly growing startup expand a validated business model to the rest of the country.
Perks of working for ABODO
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Stock Options
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k Program
- Open Vacation Policy (you take vacation whenever you want)
- Laid back work environment/schedule
- Casual Dress Code
- Fun, Vibrant, Enthusiastic Company Culture