6sense is a Predictive Intelligence Engine that is reimagining how B2B companies do sales and marketing. It works with big data at scale, advanced machine learning and predictive modeling to find buyers and predict what they will purchase, when and how much.
6sense helps B2B marketing and sales organizations fully understand the complex ABM buyer journey. By combining intent signals from every channel with the industry’s most advanced AI predictive capabilities, it is finally possible to predict account demand and optimize demand generation in an ABM world. Equipped with the power of AI and the 6sense Demand Platform™, marketing and sales professionals can uncover, prioritize and engage buyers to drive more revenue.
A Lead Core Data Software Engineer at 6sense will have the opportunity to
- Apply distributed computing and map-reduce knowledge to compute, dedupe, and derive insights from billions of records daily
- Invent noise-tolerant algorithms that improve data quality and coverage
- Work on scaling issues to 10x our data-handling capability over the coming year
- Write custom UDFs, UDAFs, UDTFs to simplify complex operations
- Design and implement tools to scrape data, validate data, and semi-automate human feedback.
- Significantly strengthen your existing skills in statistics, data analysis, and programming.
- Intellectually contribute to the software, data, process, and growth of other team members
- Participate in writing applicable patents for your ground-breaking work
- Promote and set examples for high code quality like unit testing, good variable naming, modularity, etc.
- Mentor junior engineers and onboard new engineers
- Provide day-to-day technical leadership for products/features you own
- Own products/features at multiple levels: code, data, metrics, reduction of support frequency, etc.
- Work with other teams on cross-functional, multi-team projects
- Anticipate and pre-empt deployment or down-stream issues ahead of feature release
- Ensure new features are properly tested at scale prior to release
- Assess the strengths and limits of the current technical design, communicate, plan and prioritize improvements or redesigns to resolve those limits
- Work with EM, PM on team planning and roadmap
Required qualifications and must have skills
- 6+ years of professional, recent coding experience in Java (ready to code in week 1)
- 2+ years of professional coding experience in Python
- Experience with SQL with an understanding of joins, group by, partitioning, clustering, skewness, and analytic functions (ready to analyze data in week 1)
- Comfortable with Unix / Linux command line
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with basic statistics and histograms
- Understanding of the map-reduce paradigm
- Familiarity with Django, Django admin, Django REST Framework
- Can take vague requirements and move toward an actionable design by coordinating with engineers, product managers, UX, data analysts, data scientists, QA, etc.
- Experience with Big Data Platforms like Hadoop / Hive / Spark
- Familiarity with docker and container platforms like Mesos and Kubernetes
- Experience leading an engineering team
- Experience leading by influence in multi-team, cross-functional projects
Nice to have Skills
- Experience with SQL query optimization
- Experience with writing Hive / Presto UDFs in Java
- Familiar with many issues discussed in the book Effective Java
- Application benchmarking and optimization
- Multi-processing and concurrency
- You understand that software engineering work does not end with the code.
- You can work independently but coordinate effectively with your team
- You take ownership of projects and drive them to conclusion
- You’re a good communicator and are capable of not just doing the work, but teaching others and explaining the “why” behind complicated technical decisions
- You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves: This role will evolve over time, and we’ll want you to evolve with it