Role: Python Data Engineer
Location: Chicago and New York
We are looking for a Python Developer in both our Chicago and New York offices. You will have the opportunity to work in a collaborative environment with researchers and developers. We are looking for candidates who are searching for an opportunity to make a real impact, deliver value and work with a great team.
Responsibilities of this Role:
- Python driven data management and data pipeline development
- Driving decisions on processing and storage formats and locality
- Working with researchers to understand, update, and automate research pipelines that create production models
- Explore data sources to understand availability and quality and make them easily accessible for research and simulations
- Measure and monitor processes for fault tolerance and optimization opportunities
- Constant learning and sharing your knowledge with others
- Work effectively both independently and in a small team environment
Things We’re Looking for from Our Candidates:
- 3+ years’ experience
- Strong background in python
- Hands on experience with Spark, Hadoop and other distributed data processing technologies
- Experience with managing and reusing calculated data both on prem and in the cloud
- Experience and understanding of data caching strategies for optimal pipelining
- Solid understand in hybrid on prem – cloud configurations and challenges
- Proficiency in a Linux environment
- Comfortable working within an iterative development process
- Commitment to following best documentation and testing practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Important Near-Term Example Projects:
- Design and scale research pipelines that optimize production trading models
- Design and implement optimal data sharing protocol
- Design and implement cloud data pipelining
Should you be a fit, we will move forward with an initial phone screen.
Be sure to reach out if you have any deadlines we should know about! firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications and Culture
This person needs to be driven, able to self-direct, and eager to learn. Our environment offers quick feedback and we count on each person to thrive on that and be able to execute given new information. Our office and culture is casual but we enjoy hard work and pride ourselves on delivering top quality work. We have an excellent work life balance and are able to be most productive by working together. This role offers competitive benefits and pay, as well as casual dress every day, encouraged work-life balance, fully stocked pantries with many healthy options and a bit of chocolate here and there, catered lunches every Wednesday, 3Red outings, and a Zen Room for moments of relaxation.
3Red prides itself in offering a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, as well as a performance-based bonus. 3Red strives for a casual and fun work environment and promotes a healthy lifestyle. Full medical, dental and vision coverage is offered as well as a retirement plan.
Info about 3Red
3Red is a proprietary trading firm headquartered in the Chicago Loop, with a presence in New York. We’re committed to leveraging technology and math to implement competitive trading strategies while managing risk and responding to dynamic market conditions. Technology and quantitative ingenuity are at our core.
We hire extremely bright, talented, and motivated individuals to collaborate with each other and compete in the world’s financial markets. Our team has extensive, global experience in a wide variety of asset classes, risk management, and leading trading technologies.