Role: Quantitative Developer
Location: Chicago and New York
We are looking for a Quantitative Developer in both our Chicago and New York offices. We have a collaborative culture and look to hire exceptional people. You will be responsible for coding and maintaining algorithms that trade financial instruments. This role will challenge your technical knowledge working across all aspects of the algorithms; system level through strategy code.
Responsibilities of this Role:
- Support production trading systems
- Provide realistic estimates for project and software development timelines ensuring accountability.
- Stay current on industry development and trends to maintain ongoing business awareness and a competitive edge.
- Utilize exhaustive testing and debugging skills as part of the development process.
- Identify potential areas for optimization and performance enhancements including suggestions for the ongoing maintenance and improvement of overall code quality.
- Build and improve tools to help with research and monitoring
- Build components and infrastructure to expand to new trades
Things We’re Looking for from Our Candidates:
- 3+ years’ experience
- Excellent academic record in a subject with a strong computational emphasis (e.g. computer science, engineering, physics, etc.);
- Strong knowledge of C++ and python
- Strong organizational and software architecture skills
- Gets a sense of achievement out of seeing their code running in the real world. Likes to get involved in performance and machine specifics when optimizing code speed.
- Strong multi-tasking skills, including the ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize appropriately
- Strong understanding of optimization and profiling
- Very detail oriented
- Experience with trading systems
- Building out new order placement/control components to support new strategies
- Measuring and improving latency of our existing trades
- Maintaining and improving our research framework
- Improving and building out new monitoring and configuration management tools
- Support and debug production trading system
Should you be a fit, we will move forward with an initial phone screen.
Be sure to reach out if you have any deadlines we should know about: email@example.com
Qualifications and Culture
This person needs to be driven, able to self-direct, and eager to learn. Our environment offers quick feedback and we count on each person to thrive on that and be able to execute given new information. Our office and culture is casual but we enjoy hard work and pride ourselves on delivering top quality work. We have an excellent work life balance and are able to be most productive by working together. This role offers competitive benefits and pay, as well as casual dress every day, encouraged work-life balance, fully stocked pantries with many healthy options and a bit of chocolate here and there, catered lunches every Wednesday, 3Red outings, and a Zen Room for moments of relaxation.
3Red prides itself in offering a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, as well as a performance-based bonus. 3Red strives for a casual and fun work environment and promotes a healthy lifestyle. Full medical, dental and vision coverage is offered as well as a retirement plan.
Info about 3Red
3Red is a proprietary trading firm headquartered in the Chicago Loop, with a presence in New York. We’re committed to leveraging technology and math to implement competitive trading strategies while managing risk and responding to dynamic market conditions. Technology and quantitative ingenuity are at our core.
We hire extremely bright, talented, and motivated individuals to collaborate with each other and compete in the world’s financial markets. Our team has extensive, global experience in a wide variety of asset classes, risk management, and leading trading technologies.