Role: DevOps Engineer
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer for our Chicago Office. We have a collaborative culture and look to hire exceptional people. You would work with our team to improve and automate the processes and technologies that we use to create trading strategies and bring them from concept to production release.
Responsibilities of this Role:
- Development – focus on automation
- Design and build systems to support the entire life cycle of mission-critical trading systems applications
- Expand and improve upon existing processes, pipelines, and systems for trading research, development, deployment, configuration management, and monitoring
- Build tools to support real-time trading operations by automating tasks to reduce complexity and human involvement in critical systems
- Design and implement front-end systems to allow users to configure, deploy, and control their own production processes and pipelines
- Work closely with the core dev, DevOps, research, and trading teams to allow the company to continue to scale up smoothly
- Work across all types of domains at 3Red
- Cluster, Production Trading, Distributed Risk
- Coordinate with multiple teams to deliver firm-wide solutions
- Work with developers and trading teams to deliver fixes and new features
Things We’re Looking for from Our Candidates:
- Python programming experience
- C++ development experience
- Technologies (Required): SQL experience, GUI and/or webapp development experience
- Broad technical knowledge including some knowledge of Linux (threading, memory management), networking, software life cycle processes
- Excellent communications skills
- Detail-oriented approach to work
- Ability to conceptualize and understand complex systems with many dependencies and moving parts
Important Near-Term Projects
We've had great success in a number of areas and have identified new opportunities for growth in various asset classes by evolving our trading platform and research pipeline. You will be critical in that growth.
Should you be a fit, we will move forward with an initial phone screen.
Be sure to reach out if you have any deadlines we should know about! email@example.com
Qualifications and Culture
This person needs to be driven, able to self-direct, and eager to learn. Our environment offers quick feedback and we count on each person to thrive on that and be able to execute given new information. Our office and culture is casual but the work ethic is not. We have an excellent work-life balance and are able to be most productive by working together. This role offers competitive benefits and pay, casual environment, encouraged work-life balance, fully stocked pantries with many healthy options, catered lunches every Wednesday, 3Red outings, and a Zen Room for moments of meditation.
3Red prides itself in offering a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, as well as a performance-based bonus. 3Red strives for a casual and fun work environment and promotes a healthy lifestyle. Full medical, dental and vision coverage is offered as well as a retirement plan.
Info about 3Red
3Red is a global trading firm committed to leveraging technology and quantitative research to implement a diverse set of trading strategies while managing risk and responding to dynamic market conditions.
We hire extremely bright, talented, and motivated individuals to collaborate with each other and compete in the world’s financial markets. Our team has extensive, global experience in a wide variety of asset classes, risk management, and leading trading technologies.