350.org is looking for a creative and tech-savvy digital marketer to help us grow our global climate movement through data-driven content strategy, social media advertising, and paid search.
350.org is building a global grassroots movement to solve the climate crisis. Our online campaigns, grassroots organizing, and mass public actions are led from the bottom up by thousands of volunteer organizers in over 188 countries. 350.org works hard to organize in a new way—everywhere at once, using online tools to facilitate strategic offline action. We want to be a laboratory for the best ways to strengthen the climate movement and catalyze transformation around the world. The values that guide and drive our work are listed here.
350.org is an equal opportunity employer. 350.org strives to be an inclusive and collaborative group of people who bring a variety of approaches to the work we do. We’re committed to the principles of justice, and we try to build a safe workplace where everyone is treated fairly and enjoys working together. We value new perspectives, ideas of all sorts, and different ways of working. Diverse perspectives and experiences improve the way 350.org carries out our work – including what we decide to work on and how creatively/effectively we do that. We do our best to make staff positions accessible to all potential team members, regardless of race, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, assigned gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or identity, religion or creed, veteran status, marital or parental status, and genetic information. We also strive to include team members in communities most impacted by climate change or impacted by other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustice.
About the Sr. Digital Engagement Specialist
This position is fully remote, but time zones within the Americas are preferred.
As 350.org’s Senior Digital Engagement Specialist, you’ll play a critical role in helping us scale our paid media spend across social media and search channels, with a focus on Facebook, Instagram, and Google, to strengthen 350.org’s supporter base and bring an end to the fossil fuel era. We’re looking for someone who loves collaborating across a wide variety of teams and cultural contexts, creating engaging ad campaigns, and analyzing data to inform strategy. You’ll work closely with global and regional teams to help 350.org grow our people-powered movement so we can bring down the fossil fuel industry and build a clean, just, and equitable future for all.
Your key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Helping to shape comms- and org-wide plans while owning role-specific deliverables
- Supporting the Associate Director, Social Media & Engagement in developing, executing, and analyzing global campaigns with growth and brand awareness objectives
- Supporting the Associate Director, Social Media & Engagement and the Digital Campaigns & Organizing Director in analyzing digital media channels and adjusting growth strategies
- Supporting the Sr. Digital Fundraising Specialist in developing, executing, and analyzing global and regional campaigns with fundraising objectives
- Coordinating with consultants and agencies to develop and execute ad campaigns in certain regions, and working directly with regional teams in others to help build their skills and competencies in the paid advertising space
- Working with digital teams across 350.org to analyze, test, and improve user engagement on our website
- Regularly sharing best practices, trainings, and key learnings with communications and digital teams in order to help us build a culture of experimentation and exploration
- At least four (4) years of relevant experience in digital marketing and engagement
- Proven track record of developing digital advertising campaigns
- Experience using Facebook Ads Manager and Google Ads
- Experience using Google Analytics to analyze audience segments and web content
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to translate complex information and implications for a variety of audiences
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working collaboratively
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams
- Proven problem-solving, program planning, and management skills
- Strong understanding of digital analytics, including the ability to proactively collect, analyze, and interpret data to guide decision-making
- Ability to manage self and others in a remote setting
- Ability to integrate diversity, equity, and inclusion into day-to-day work
Desired (but not required) skills and experiences
- Familiarity working in, or with, partners from the Global South
- Experience in online and offline organizing, mobilization, and direct action
- Experience using some (or all) of the following platforms: ActionKit, Action Network, WordPress, Twitter Ads Manager, LinkedIn Ads Manager, WhatsApp Ads
- Experience working in a multilingual context and managing a multilingual digital presence
- Understand of, and experience working with, marginalized communities deeply affected by climate change and fossil fuels, such as Indigenous communities on the front lines of fighting the extractive industry
- Ability to travel internationally on occasion
- Experience working in nongovernmental organizations or the nonprofit sector
We are looking for someone who is comfortable working both independently and in teams, highly responsive, and able to lead initiatives as well as take direction from others.
Position Type: Full time
Application Deadline: Although we hope to begin interviews during the week of October 18, this job is open until filled, or the hiring manager determines that they can no longer accept applications.
Start Date: Flexible
Compensation: SG 9
Location: Remote; Americas time zones preferred. If you’re located in North America, this position can be performed at our Washington DC, Brooklyn, or Oakland offices, in Canada or remotely in the following states: CA, GA, MD, MA, ME, CO, MT, NY, NC, PA, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WI."
If you have suggestions for us on how to do this better, we really value your input and strongly encourage you to write to us at email@example.com with the subject line ‘Hiring Feedback’.