What We’re Looking For:
The Academic Product team makes and supports the core of outward-facing user experience of 2U’s product offering and the technology used by faculty and Curriculum & Learning team to plan and assemble both asynchronous and synchronous content.
This is the “face” of 2U insofar as it is the destination for students, faculty, administrators and support users alike to interact with each other, share information, consume content, and perform the necessary operations to complete a degree with a 2U partner. Our goal is to provide an enterprise-class course management product suite and world class learning and teaching experience platform that’s scalable and flexible.
We are motivated to build a team where members bring sound computer science fundamentals and a diverse set of skills and experiences to the table.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Lead technical design of applications and participate in larger system design efforts
- Deploying services using Kubernetes
- Backend programming in multiple languages but primarily Node.js
- Debugging systems and services
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring more junior team-member
- Writing High Performance Code
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Collaborating with the stakeholders (product managers, business analysts, and data science teams) to define and refine requirements
- Planning and estimating development tasks and short-term projects
- Relating your project deliverables to products you are building and strategy behind them
- Advocating for end user needs in software you are building
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.